• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What state has the best competetion teams?

HeSmellsLikeSmoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Not to restart the civil war, but do teams from any one state stand out in KCBS competitions on a year in and year out basis?

This may be too simplistic a question considering that KCBS competitions are held throughout the United States.

No comps in TX.

Ya know, I didn't realize that. I see they have a Cooking Class in Denton, and comps in New Mexico, Oklahoma and Arkansas. Wonder why no competitions in Texas?

Well, OK then -- not THROUGHOUT the US. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
What state has the best competetion teams?

Confusion

With a question like that how can it not start a civil war?!?! TEXAS has to be at the top of this list. Ya'll go ahead and tell the man who's 2nd and 3rd..........

With a question like that how can it not start a civil war?!?! TEXAS has to be at the top of this list. Ya'll go ahead and tell the man who's 2nd and 3rd..........

From Texas to... "Rhode Island the biggest littlest state in the union!"

Well I couldn't resist, Ray

I don't know what the answer is but I do know that there are alot of MOFO teams that do battle on a regular basis and it is always a tough row to hoe!!

Not to be confused with a knappy Headed Hoe.:wink:

There are some very tough Florida teams, that like to get out and prove that once in awhile.....

Well, is there a way to look up the past years team results and see who scored in say the top 10 spots over the last few years? That should pretty much settle whos who and even show any patterns that may be there. I'm sure there's got to be some Brethren out there who can do Statistical Analysis.

Well, is there a way to look up the past years team results and see who scored in say the top 10 spots over the last few years? That should pretty much settle whos who and even show any patterns that may be there. I'm sure there's got to be some Brethren out there who can do Statistical Analysis.

I tried looking up past results from the American Royal, but they only listed the team names where I looked -- I had no idea where they are from.

In KCBS alone will rule out alot of great teams from Texas, and Florida... Just not alot of KCBS, especially triple point events without doing some heavy traveling..

Oklahoma # 1

It is hard to be humble when you are a comp cook from Oklahoma! Just teasing guys, lighten up, Oklahoma did sweep the KCBS in 2006.
habenero

I have to say in my opinion, three states....Missouri/Kansas and Florida. Though we present the final product a little differently, I think that some of the best overall que comes from these areas. Those FBA boys/gals are pretty darn tough, just like us MoFo/KanFo boys/gals are.....

Illinois isn't far behind with Ulcer Acres and Quau just to name a few....

In KCBS alone will rule out alot of great teams from Texas, and Florida... Just not alot of KCBS, especially triple point events without doing some heavy traveling..

I think Kevin nailed it right on the head... Competition BBQ is growing everywhere but has deeper roots in certain areas of the country. This creates the opportunity for more teams to attend more and larger contests based on the exposure in the region. This creates somewhat of a higher probability of these teams standing out from a ranking system...

Obviously there are exceptions to every rule as there are very strong teams in the NE, Mid Atlantic, SE and Pacific Northwest as examples but in the end a lot has to do with percentages.

I have to say in my opinion, three states....Missouri/Kansas and Florida. Though we present the final product a little differently, I think that some of the best overall que comes from these areas. Those FBA boys/gals are pretty darn tough, just like us MoFo/KanFo boys/gals are.....

Illinois isn't far behind with Ulcer Acres and Quau just to name a few....

I gotta stand up for my New England teams. When we do travel out west and south we do pretty darn good against those teams. Plenty of calls at the Royal, the Jack and the Best of the Best for New England Teams.

So I guess there are alot of good teams everywhere. And if all the top teams got togeather there probably would be several different calls.

I gotta stand up for my New England teams. When we do travel out west and south we do pretty darn good against those teams. Plenty of calls at the Royal, the Jack and the Best of the Best for New England Teams.

Oh..I can't disagree with you....I think the question asked really becomes an answer of a regional response. I know you guys can cook, I've just never been in a contest against you. Same with Willie T out in the Carolinas...the brother can cook, no doubt.

I guess everyone has their teams they have to contend with in their own region....so there probably isn't a state or states that has the best teams.
They're all pretty good on any given day!

Back