A Black Friday Meal

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
It must have been something in the alignment of the moon and sun because not only was Clint bored, when he came up with his Pork Piggy, but I felt the urge to do a special Black Friday meal.

I don't know it just struck me as odd and unfortunate that more talk was being made about the stores and specials that were going to happen today than discussion about what we should be thankful for.

So I came up with a meal that represented my feelings about Black Friday. A monochromatic meal...all in black...

Black Beans and Rice! And I got an asian Black Sweet Rice to go along with it.

Black-Friday3.jpg

Yes! I know! It's not very appetizing and quite frankly I didn't expect it to. But it sure tasted awesome. I'm still editing all the other pictures for tomorrows blog post with the recipe, but I thought I would share this one with you.

Remember...this was all it fun...

(I was going to back some corn bread and use black food coloring to fit the theme but I didn't want to press my luck)

It must have been something in the alignment of the moon and sun because not only was Clint bored, when he came up with his Pork Piggy, but I felt the urge to do a special Black Friday meal.

I don't know it just struck me as odd and unfortunate that more talk was being made about the stores and specials that were going to happen today than discussion about what we should be thankful for.

So I came up with a meal that represented my feelings about Black Friday. A monochromatic meal...all in black...

Black Beans and Rice! And I got an asian Black Sweet Rice to go along with it.

Black-Friday3.jpg

Yes! I know! It's not very appetizing and quite frankly I didn't expect it to. But it sure tasted awesome. I'm still editing all the other pictures for tomorrows blog post with the recipe, but I thought I would share this one with you.

Remember...this was all it fun...

(I was going to back some corn bread and use black food coloring to fit the theme but I didn't want to press my luck)
Looks good!:hungry: I'd let my teeth turn black for that!:thumb:

Nice job, glad to see you went with a variation of one of my suggestions.

I see what might be some meat there. My dad makes a mean black bean dish. He will use anything from cubed pork, chicken, and my favorite...........pork rinds! Sometimes we toss in a bit of white rice. His "topping" is finely chopped: radish, long green onion, garlic, cilantro, and some tomato, maybe a little serrano pepper. Good stuff. I love the black beans. I'd hit that Larry!

Bob

Did you use a little squid ink to make the sauce black too Larry?

I'd eat it. The rice sounds really interesting.

If you age brisket for about 4 years it will start to turn a green black and might fit nicely into that dish!

That would be a good halloween dish too. Throw in some roasted squash for the orange.

You do know how to make lemonade out of lemons Mr Larry!

Maybe it's just me, but I actually think it's kind of pretty. A small dollop of sour cream on top for contrast and a sprinkle of paprika...

I'd eat it! Don't know if that's a compliment or not but, yep, I'd eat it.

Back