Green Egg or Kamodo grill?

I appreciate everyone's input. It sounds like the kamado style smoker is more efficient than the horizontal style at the trade off of capacity but won't rust. I will go back to haunting the site while I make up my mind. Love listening to everyone's experience.

Only got my Kamado Joe yesterday morning. By the evening I had cooked some Mediterranean chicken Drumetts!
uny2usyn.jpg

Then some lambs ribs
u6a6u5ad.jpg

And then early ours of this morning, a low and slow pork! 3hrs into the cool
hugy7usa.jpg

8hrs later, it's done(well crude thermometer)
uradute7.jpg

Then foiled and rested for 2hrs and then pulled
e5y8y3ez.jpg

I have only cooked with charcoal/lump a few times prior to this on a crude cooker. The Kamado made it some much easier and easy to maintain temp! No adding more lump as it burnt out of control as in the past. Just start it, let it burn in for a bit, get near the desired temp and start changing the draft to suit. Once set, it stayed pretty well on target!
Gotta say I love it!

You can easily smoke 4 slabs of St. Louis trimmed spares or 6 slabs of babybacks on the BGE/Kamado Joe using the Adjustable Rig with oval cooking grids. (Ceramic grill store). With the "Slide Guide" option, you can remove the top and middle grid without removing the entire adjustable rig. (Which is easy to do) You can actually cook on 3 levels if you use the "Spider" and 13" pizza stone as a heat deflector but you might singe the ends of the slab as the stone wouldn't protect them. (You can cover the tips with foil, though).

The offset style cooker is the least efficient style of cooker... and requires the most attention... fun if you have the time and like fire tending. Kamados (including the Broil King Keg) are the most efficient and the vertical smokers are somewhere in the middle. An insulated vertical smoker can be nearly as efficient as a Kamado.

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/photo-gallery.html

I love my Primo! American made! If I am correct they are made in Georgia.

Yes, made in Norcross Ga. I used to work a few miles from them. I priced them before I got my XL-BGE. I got them to quote me a blemished Xl and it was more than a XL egg with nothing wrong with it.

I did shop around and got a real good deal on my egg, even went to the egg store in Tucker for a price and still got it else where. Overall it's been the best buy I have ever made.

Back