''anything butt''

wyocurt

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
When a competition has a catagory anything butt what are some of the turn ins that some of you do or have tried. We have done Elk steak bites wraped in bacon, lamb chops and beef tenderloin stuffed with shrimp inside a pepper. Thought it would be fun knowing what is out there...

I almost always do a seafood dish. After judging all that heavy, weighty, meaty food, I feel that a lighter dish should score better. And since I can't make desserts... :icon_smile_tongue:

I saw one team turn in a seafood tower that was amazing. Unfortunately he turned in over $100 worth of lobster, crab and shrimp to win $75 :rolleyes:

I saw one team turn in a seafood tower that was amazing. Unfortunately he turned in over $100 worth of lobster, crab and shrimp to win $75 :rolleyes:

That's why we stopped doing them. Somebody will always go over the top to win less than what they put into it. The only extra categories we do now is if the organizer supplies the product and it's free to enter. These are usually for a fund raiser or sponsors (where the prize money comes from), so, it helps the organizer and costs me little to nothing.

As for what to enter, if desserts are allowed - cheesecake.

Made lolly pop lamb chops bobby flay style and took second place. Easy, not expensive and tasty. Prize more than covered cost

Kalbi has worked very well for us and we're on the hook for less than $20 worth of product/ingredients.

Then again, when the Organizer fails to pay out as promised.....it's less than $20 for a crappy plaque.

Back