Spicewine only contest.

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Ok there is already a contest for just Brethren members. Now I propose that we have a Spicewine cooker only contest, someplace in mid Missouri. I think Jay and Steve have built enough for this to happen. Only stipulations would be, cooking on the Spicewine and Jay and Steve along with there hired hands would have to be judges.:redface:
Dave

All you can eat.

will there be free spicewine samples???? Sounds cool, Scott

Well sure it would be an all you can eat after the judging, open to the public for 8.00 bucks a head, with sides, deserts and all the meat donated by the teams. All moneys collected would go back to the teams divided up evenly to help pay down their cost. Now there is an idea an organizer ought to run with. Guess it wont be free. ;-)
Dave

why not make it someplace in indiana or illinois so the rest of us spicewine owners can play too?

why not make it someplace in indiana or illinois so the rest of us spicewine owners can play too?

Just thought since Spicewine is built here it would only be fitting to have the contest here. But I have seen their map marking the homes of their products and it covers from cost to cost north and south with of course Missouri having the most. So I am open for suggestions or let Spicewine figure it out. Hey the Mountain Grove contest I just did this weekend gave out 50.00 bucks for the team that traveled the longest, it was a team from some place around Waco Texas.
Dave

Maybe have the poor UDS guys on the other side of the tracks? LOL !
I would like to attend something like that. Heard nothing but rave reviews about those smokers.

Maybe have the poor UDS guys on the other side of the tracks? LOL !
I would like to attend something like that. Heard nothing but rave reviews about those smokers.

That would be a good idea as well. Have two contest one for Spicewines and one for drums then have a show down between the two.
Dave

Dave - A real nice idea... Are you planning to organize this ? Seems like a lot of work..

Based on how busy Jay seems to be trying to crank out units to keep up with demand and still comepete for fun on weekends, it may not be fitting to suggest Jay could get or would want to get involved in promoting a contest...

Last edited:
Well Id either be a rich man or in prison by now if I acted on every great or not so great ideas I ever had. Jay would not have to organize just offer some suggestions to get the ball rolling, surely there exist someone willing to pick up the gauntlet.

Jay and Steve being the shrewed business men they are surely know they are going to have to expand sooner or later and with something like a contest it would be a given. Besides I want to cook it, wouldn't you.
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
The origonal question/suggestion was about a Spicewine only contest, probably in MO.

There may some merit and a lot of fun in one of those :lol:

Anyone have constructive ideas on how to make one happen?

TIM

Ok, I'm not a glutten for punishment or anything - but if everyone were willing to pony up a small amount we could probably rent out a portion of a county fairgrounds, esp in Il or Indiana - I'm dying to participate can you tell?

Either that or find a state park with car camping/boating ability and you could do it that way too, then we could camp, drink, and cook.
Think of the stories and pictures from that!

Are there any east coast brethren that would like to come or am the only one this far east interested? if that's the case then I'll stop bellyaching.

if ya'll make this happen, i'll make the trip to MO, and i'm sure i'll have smokin cracker with me............... we will do anything to have a brew with jay!

all right - I made the trip once I can make the trip again. Maybe I can grab mcoink to come with. Besides it's like 2 days of smoking cigars without my wife getting on me....

Exactly how many Spicewine Smokers are out there? Jay you would probably be the only person with the answer to that question.

I think the Stumps guys did a Stumpfest a while back. But there are a bunch of them in the southeast area of the country, you know where the Allman Bros, Lynard Skynard and 38 Special began.

a gazillion of them out their :twisted:

but the feds only know about 120 or so :twisted:

Back