Weber Mods

milehigh

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Some mods my 80 yr. old uncle has made to his kettle. He made a divider out of expanded metal and all thread for indirect cooking. Made it just wide enough for a water/drip pan, an old steel (trivet??) for a rack, and for a leg rack. And installed a thermo in the lid. Nice to inspire someone who you admire.

Attachments

• weber 002.jpg
    weber 002.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 639
  • weber 003.jpg
    weber 003.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 692
  • weber 004.jpg
    weber 004.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 625
  • weber 005.jpg
    weber 005.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 623
  • weber 007.jpg
    weber 007.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 629
That is Brilliant!!! Outstanding Mods...

Bet he can cook...

You are correct sir... He has been cooking dinner for his 2 older widowed brothers (90 and 91) for the past 25-30 years!

I'll pass on all the positive comments guys. He thought it was pretty cool when i was taking the pics and told him i was posting them here.

Thanks
Paul

Hey there

He does do good work doesn't he...

Grace and peace

Ben

very cool mods!! Pass the word on that he is a brethren at heart and didn't even know it!!

I love the divider he has for indirect cooking.

Paul,

Those are some very cool mods. What does he use the upper rack for primarily ? Roasts ?

All of the above, and I see an old ECB and a window Charbroil in the picture too. Bet he's "modded" them too in order to get a long useful life out of them. great pics. thx for sharing.

guess what i'm gonna be making ?! as a die hard wood handle kinda guy, i humbly ask uncle to put some mineral oil on those handles. or i'll send him some plastic ones and he can send the wood ones to me.:-D

I see at least 2 other cookers of some sort in the background so he is ready for sig line.

Printed out and brought all of your replies to my Uncle last night and made his day!!:-D:-D:-D:-D Thanks again guys.

Paul

Very nice mod - although I was wondering. Is it harmful to the kettle to put the coals directly on the bottom of the kettle like that instead of on a grate?

Back