BBQ Brethren "With a Surprise Inside" Throwdown

Isn't that a Rule 14 violation though Gore? However, the inventiveness gets muchisimo bonus points.

Gore that tealight powered UBS is sweet! I can't wait for the Never Ending UBS thread to start and for every smoker thread on the forum to have six answering posts "Build a UBS".

Using a Kinder Eier mit Überraschung is just brilliant. I love those things. They are so hard to find here as they have to be imported illegally.

How can I beat that throwdown shot?

My Entry

This is my first throwdown entry, so here we go. A friend of mine brought over some fresh basil and tomatoes from his garden on saturday and we made some pizzas. There were some leftovers on Sunday, so I made some stuffed portabellas on the smoker. It was 103 degrees here, so I went with the gas smoker to keep my time outside to a minimum.

Started by putting some ricotta in the shrooms
stuffed_bella_1.JPG

Made a mixture of lump crabmeat(the surprise inside), the tomatoes, basil, a little heavy cream, salt, pepper, and crushed red peppers. Added this to the shrooms
stuffed_bella_2.JPG

Added some fresh mazarella
stuffed_bella_3.JPG

Threw them on the smoker for about an hour and a half on 200
stuffed_bella_4.JPG

Added Bread Crumbs and put in the broiler for a few minutes to get some crunch.
stuffed_bella_5.JPG

Ate with some creamed spinach. Unfortunatly I took all the pics with my phone so they didn't come out great. I guess use this last one.
stuffed_bella_6.JPG

Gore that is awesome! I don't know how many uds's I've thrown away lately. Love that custom grate and lid!

Your right Gore that is some good looking food from Wrench_H but you guys can come up with some of the best stuff to entertain.. Thanks

It looks like a legitimate grill to me! How did it taste?:becky: I'm thinking about some mods for a UBS of my own. My wife has some vanilla scented candles...could make for some tasty grilled desserts.

It looks like a legitimate grill to me! How did it taste?:becky: I'm thinking about some mods for a UBS of my own. My wife has some vanilla scented candles...could make for some tasty grilled desserts.

Inside Chris, it was cooked inside, and did you see Smokey displayed prominently in those last pics? :becky:

Taste? The cookies are good, but KinderEgg chocolate has a greater percentage of wax than the candle. I think it would be a nice idea for a dinner party though to give everyone their own UBS at the table.

Inside Chris, it was cooked inside, and did you see Smokey displayed prominently in those last pics? :becky:

Taste? The cookies are good, but KinderEgg chocolate has a greater percentage of wax than the candle. I think it would be a nice idea for a dinner party though to give everyone their own UBS at the table.
I LOVE candle soot flavored chocolate!:becky:

BlanketPigs8.jpg

But, I wonder what's inside?

The question is, do you have a spoon for it?
Appetizers do not need a spoon. Remember Zydeco Paws food i.d. rule:
If I can pick it up and eat it with one hand, it is an appetizer.

Back