My Mailbox Mod

JimF

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My neighbor knocked down my mailbox. So I thought I would give the Mailbox mod a try for my UDS. This will allow me to Hot Smoke using the AMNPS.
First I drilled multiple wholes in the bottom of the mailbox to allow for ventilation. Next I cut a 4 inch hole in the mailbox by using a jig saw. Then inserted a transition piece. I repeated this on the smoker.

photo1.jpg

Next I attached a 2 foot drier ventilation tube to the mailbox:

photo2.jpg

Connected to the drum. Mailbox sitting on some old pavers:

photo3.jpg

Complete set up along with wind screen:

photo4.jpg

I have two briskets currently on and the AMNPS is working great.

If i emailed that picture to the Dept of Homeland Security, I bet you would have some visitors. :attention:

If i emailed that picture to the Dept of Homeland Security, I bet you would have some visitors. :attention:

I live just outside DC. Im sure homeland security will be here soon.

What am I doing... I bought a AMNPS to cold smoke with. I love it and wanted to use it as a smoke generator for my Hot smokes. By placing the AMNPS outside the smoker, it is away from the heat and has no problem supplying the smoke for the meats.

Here it is in action on a test run. Obviously, when cooking the mailbox will be closed and the lid on the UDS
[ame]http://youtu.be/nSaAFrdAwRc[/ame]

Is't it just easier to put the wood in the basket? All them wires and little boxes with number on them it looks like some kind of explosive device:twitch:

Back