help finding a smokey mountain

K-Train

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Help. Invited well known team team from California to come cook with me in Pork in the Park in Salisbury MD. This particular cook uses Weber Smokey Mountain, I don't and don't want to have to buy two. They want to come, but since they are coming from Ca they would need two Weber Smokey Mountains to borrow for the event. I plan on calling weber directly but not sure who else to contact about loaner equipment. Thanks for any ideas you could offer.

Check out your local Home Depots. They have them on clearance (if you can find them) for $41. These are for the 18.5 WSM's. If you can find them, buy a couple and sell them afterwards...:thumb:

Cool - good luck in finding a local WSM. It shouldn't be impossible.

Trying to understand....

You invited a team to cook with you, they accepted your invite, but only on the condition that you make arrangements to have WSM's available for them even though they are supposed to be cooking with you and you don't cook on WSM's ?

:confused:

SYD???? People usually fall over themselves to accommodate a certain California team.

Buy them, use them at the comp, then sell them immediately after the last turn in.

SYD???? People usually fall over themselves to accommodate a certain California team.

Buy them, use them at the comp, then sell them immediately after the last turn in.
SYD only needs one WSM. Requests was for two. Thinking it is not SYD.

Let me try and be a little more clear.......SYD is not being demanding at all. I'm just trying to supply what they normaly cook on. Sorry if I wasn't very clear.

So how does this guest cooker business work? You pay for travel, accommodations, equipment; they fly in and compete with you under your team's name; you split the winnings; everyone goes home happy?

Not really exactly sure at this point if he's cooking with us, or coming in and cooking on his own. :roll: Either way it'll be pretty cool.

So how does this guest cooker business work? You pay for travel, accommodations, equipment; they fly in and compete with you under your team's name; you split the winnings; everyone goes home happy?

Seems like a good gig if you can get it...

They do?

If you would cook with me at PITP I'd buy you all the Single Barrel Jack you could drink, just as long as you were upright until 1:00 PM on Saturday. Two other stipulations: you cook the pork and leave the chicken alone. :p

If you would cook with me at PITP I'd buy you all the Single Barrel Jack you could drink, just as long as you were upright until 1:00 PM on Saturday. Two other stipulations: you cook the pork and leave the chicken alone. :p

Check out TOY. CSC is #26 in chicken.... :becky: I prefer black. Unless you can get Silver on one of your international flights!!! :thumb:

Back