Weekend Plans?

A

AO

I just bought 60#'s of pork, and 80# of chicken quarters! Big party going down in KCK on Saturday. :-D

Anyone else have big plans for this weekend?

Competing in Orange County CA. Should be approx. 15,000 attendees so we'll be cooking LOTS of PC meat. 10 butts, 25 tri-tips, 6 racks of ribs, 3 briskets, and 3 cases of meat balls.

Dunno, but, it should be fun. Pork, shrimp and beef will be involved. There may be fire.

Easy saturday cookout with a few close friends... Keeping it simple- Burgers, Dogs, Fatties, ABT's, all sides and deserts are coming pot luck... Still debating doing a shoulder though

I don't even have a weekend off until sometime in late July.... My Q is gonna have to all happen during the week for a while unfortunately...

I am hoping to be setting up my new WSM and cyberQ. Maybe even a few test runs. Come on shipping truck! My to-self father's day gifts can't get hear soon enough.

I don't even have a weekend off until sometime in late July.... My Q is gonna have to all happen during the week for a while unfortunately...

I'm the opposite, I can't get any Q done during the week. At least you are on a golf course, instead of coped up in an office like this guy.

Phlying to the Netherlands and eating at Phubar's. :whoo:

My first smoker should be here tomorrow. So I hope to play with my new WSM all weekend, if the Thunder storms hold off

well I am gonna go to my first comp this weekend!!! it is a benefit comp but a comp none the less.. The local Salvation Army has a program called the backpack nutrition program in our town.. We have a lot of kids whose family cant provide proper meals so this program makes sure that child in each family has food daily during school or summer. Anyway all the proceeds from this cookoff, horseshoe tourny, riding lawn mower drag races,and battle of the bands goes to help fund this awesome charity!!!!:clap2:Still really anxious though, I will get to see how I stack up against some strong competition, have some bbq resturants cooking here so should be a ton of fun and have a great benefit to those who need it!!!! I will post pix Sunday and hopefully a good placing:thumb:

Cooked 175lbs of pork butt & 27 sides of ribs last weekend. Gonna back off this weekend and cook for my friend's grand daughter's graduation party. Only gonna feed ~75 people on Saturday.

Good luck on that big cook.

Cheers,
Braddog

Cooked 175lbs of pork butt & 27 sides of ribs last weekend. Gonna back off this weekend and cook for my friend's grand daughter's graduation party. Only gonna feed ~75 people on Saturday.

Good luck on that big cook.

Cheers,
Braddog

Dang, that's a lot of pig. I hope to one day get to those numbers. But to get prepared for the weekend, I just got sauced. :cool:

Unnamed.jpg

I almost got my sauce making process down to a science. The mustard sauce on the left is my new experiment, anyone out there have any tips on the south carolina style of sauce? I think its the SC version, am i crazy for calling it that?:crazy:?

I am doing 160 lbs of brisket, 300 hambergers and a ton of brats and hot dogs for a picnic.....

I have two picnics and two butts going on the smoker tomorrow for daughter's graduation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So whats the big party in KCK this weekend? Heck, I live there and hadn't heard of anything. But I admit sometimes I don't always pay attention like I should.

Back