upgrade from a cooler.

M

Movingmd

Just got a 55 gallon food grade drum to start my uds. I understand that with briskets its best to let te meat rest for a couple of hours. Wraping in a towl and placing in a regular cooler, is one of the techniques i have read about. I want something a littke more rugged. Is there anything like this? Does th military hav something? Thanks for the info.

Just got a 55 gallon food grade drum to start my uds. I understand that with briskets its best to let te meat rest for a couple of hours. Wraping in a towl and placing in a regular cooler, is one of the techniques i have read about. I want something a littke more rugged. Is there anything like this? Does th military hav something? Thanks for the info.

I dont know why you would need something more rugged than a standard cooler.

you could always get one of these

http://www.yeticoolers.com/

There's also grizzly coolers, there's a couple of brethren that sell them. If you're looking for something more convenient than a cooler, you could look into a cambro or carlisle holding container. I don't know about rugged, but they're very convenient.

Cambro 300 series if the wallet can bear it. If not, I use an 80 qt TooCool/Engle cooler (a Yeti knock off at 1/2-2/3 the cost). I use the TooCool cause it fits the footprint of a full size pan & I can stack 3 of the 3-1/2 to 4 inch pans w/lids. Oh yea, its also certified grizzly proof, not that we have griz in Florida. We have had food stay warm for 4+ hours. Careful, if you put a lot of hot food in it, the food will continue cooking.

Back