BGE price increase...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I was considering purchasing a BGE this September at the local Eggfest until I saw the price increase...:eek::eek::eek:

Demo Eggs Include:
  • Large Egg, Egg-Mates (Side Shelves)
  • Egg Nest (Stand)
  • Ash Rake
  • Grill Gripper
  • Approx 1/2 bag of Lump Charcoal.
Retail for this package is $932.20. Your cost is $715, over $200 in savings for this once a year event.

To purchase your Demo Egg, please visit your local Eggfest Sponsor to pre-pay for the Egg.
You will need to pick the Egg up at the Pacific Northwest Eggfest between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m.
You must register for the Eggfest in order to purchase a Demo Egg. The Egg may still be warm, so plan accordingly.

We will also have plate setters that have been used one time with the Demo Egg available for $35 each. (You save over $10)

Guess I'll keep checking Craig's List...:sad:

I'm getting mine next weekend at Eggs By The Bay eggfest. $599.00 + tax.

NUTZ

thats about what i payed for my lg egg only in Dec. $948. and $500. for the table..thats Hawaii prices.. and 30.00 for a bag of bge charcoal..i'm going to have to look and see how much it is now..it must be more now for sure...if you guys are that high...

I'm getting mine next weekend at Eggs By The Bay eggfest. $599.00 + tax.

NUTZ

You're probably not getting the side shelves which are around $100 I think. Both are a good deal. The suggested retail for just the egg is $699 and the nest is around $80.

I don't think there has been a price increase.

I just priced a Large egg, no extras or anything just the EGG 699.00$ here locally in Texas. Don't think it is gonna happen.

Rick said it best:

i can tell you this about big green eggs...
they cost more than they should, but they're worth more than they cost!

Paul

Probably trying to recoup from giving them away in Seattle last year!!

Demo Eggs are listed at $606 for the Eggfest coming up in September in this area.That includes Large Egg, Nest, Ceramic top, Grate, Daisy Wheel Top, Temp Gauge, Ash Tool, Grill Gripper, Bag of Charcoal, Cookbook, DVD, Spring assisted band.

Expesive but what isn't going up in price. I have never used one but heard that they are really good

It is a price increase from the promotor not from BGE. He is trying to cut the cost of putting on the Eggfest.

You're probably not getting the side shelves which are around $100 I think. Both are a good deal. The suggested retail for just the egg is $699 and the nest is around $80.

I don't think there has been a price increase.

Maybe not from the Mothership...but from our local distributors it has...

I picked up my first one last year for 642.00 WITH plate setter.
Here's the price break down from last year...

Just purchased my BGE this morning:biggrin: :p :lol: ...I get to pick it up at the Eggfest next month. Here is the deal...

There are 20 of these Demo Eggs to be sold from the Eggfest.
Purchasers of the demo eggs will be required to pick-up the complete Egg
Package at Sammamish State Park between 5:00 & 6:00 pm on September 15th.

The Egg Package contains the items listed below:
1 - Large Green Egg
1 - Large Egg Nest
1 - Egg Mate Shelves
1 - Grill Gripper
1 - Ash Rake
1 - Plate Setter

The total package is $642.00 (Retail value is $953.30)

I added a cover for 35.00:wink:

JD

Oh I see. It's just the Seattle Eggfest demo price that has gone up.
That was a heck of a deal last year and I suspect they realized they couldn't do it that cheap.

I wish i could get one for your retail price.

Over here a large BGE with nest and tables (without the other tools)
is more than 2200 $ :eek:

Still hoping for a discounted demo model at the Spoga trade show. Maybe they need a european promoter :biggrin:

DM

I wish i could get one for your retail price.

Over here a large BGE with nest and tables (without the other tools)
is more than 2200 $ :eek:

Still hoping for a discounted demo model at the Spoga trade show. Maybe they need a european promoter :biggrin:

DM

Is that $2200 US Dollars or $2200 Euros???

Is that $2200 US Dollars or $2200 Euros???

Its ~1500 €uros, wich is more than 2200 $ with the current exchange rate.

If i calculate the US Price of ~800 $ and use the current exchange rate it should be around 500 €, even with the added shipping and other costs they could at least sell em 1/1 in Euros like in Dollars

DM

Back