chile recipe

Boochie

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I need a great chile recipe for an annual church comp. that has grown over the years. We have about 40 men who enter (this is on the mens conference night) and I would like to at least place this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mine is just an old standard that I found... What I did change is rather than ground beef, smoke up a nice chuck roast for it... I've also been known to 'cook' my chili in a dutch oven on my BGE for about 4 hours... Give is just the right amount of smoke...

my family loves the recipe from mike mills in "peace, love and BBQ" i have been given orders never to cook another chili recipe EVER!!

it is really good but not very spicy.

I can't give you a recipe for spicing, as I don't really use one. I can tell you that I also start with a chuck roast, leave most all the fat on it, smoke it for a couple hours then cut it up into cubes, flour it, brown in the Dutch Oven until a fond has formed on the bottom of the pot. Remove meat, add some oil and onions, maybe garlic and chopped peeled Ancho peppers and saute. Then the meat and water goes in, along with some spices. I like to start with chile powder (Like Gebhardt's), salt and black pepper. Taste and go from there.

Try brisket chili. Cook up the flat, a little on the dry side, and cube it up for the chili. If it's a little dry it holds its shape better when cooked in the chili juice.

I really like Seiko's Killer Chili in the recipe section. I make mine with smoked pulled pork. I season the pork with fajita and adobo spice.

smoked brisket cube/chop about a pound and a half to two pounds. cook an onion some garlic and the chili of your choice in some olive oil until tender. I use whole canned tomatoes with juice and I crush them myself once they are in. A bean of your choice. I also add a can of sweet corn drained.

This is a pretty good/easy base.

I probably add about a cup of chili powder to this. A table spoon of Chipotle chili powder for heat or cayenne if you don't have the Chipotle, and probably a table spoon of cumin.

I've also started with smoked bacon and sauteed the onion chili and garlic in the bacon grease to start it.

This has some unusual and unique ingredients, but is now the only chili my family wants me to ever fix:
Ingredients

Directions

Heat oil.

Cook meat until brown. Place meat in separate container.

Add onions, garlic and jalapeno peppers to remaining juice and cook until done.

Put meat, drained onion, garlic and jalapeno in Dutch oven.

Add tomatoes, beer, coffee, and tomato paste and beef broth.

Add spices, cocoa and brown sugar.

Stir in 4 cans of kidney beans.

Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.

Back