Smoked Chicken Chile Rellanos

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I rubbed a hen with butter and seasoned with kosher salt and cracked black pepper... I wanted to keep the seasonings simple.
Smoked with a bit of hickory...

001-8-1.jpg

I combine the cooled chicken meat with about 1/2 cup of minced onion, jalapeno and some shredded queso campesino.

037-2-1.jpg

I blister and place the anaheims in a baggie to steam for easy peeling...( can be done on a grill)

044-2-1.jpg

The seeded and peeled chiles, stuffed with the smoked chicken, onion, jalapeno and cheese filling....

056-1.jpg

I dust them with flour and dip in a batter...then fry til golden...
The batter I use is 4 egg whites whipped, add 4 beaten yolks and 4 TBS of flour.

073-1.jpg

The smoked chicken chile rellanos, cactus salad and anasazi beans with jalapeno bacon...

088-1.jpg

The Smoked chicken and cheese add a lot to the rellanos....

090-2.jpg

I serve them with a sauce...saute some minced onion and garlic in a bit of oil, add 2 cups of chicken broth, 1 small can of tomato sauce, 1 tsp of oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 10 minutes.
It's a thin sauce, but tasty. :)

Man!!! Thats some nice looking food right there!!! WOW:eek:

Mike

So Cowgirl, just how long is the line of suitors and wooers at your front gate?

I could really go for some of that right now. Really good looking food.

So Cowgirl, just how long is the line of suitors and wooers at your front gate?

I could really go for some of that right now. Really good looking food.

lol...there might be a couple of sweet talkers around here, but I've got my wagons circled. :wink::biggrin:

Thanks. :wink:

Great idea wonderfully executed.

Sure wish I could get the right peppers to try that around here.

Those look awesome Cowgirl.
Thanks for the recipe and photos.

Thank you Jim and Bull!
Jim, I know they can be made using other chiles...anaheims are just my favorite.

Wow, I think I need to surprise my hubby with some of those one of these days soon.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Marsha and Big George! Hope you give them a try. :-D

Ride em Cowgirl! Nice work. I wish I knew how to do that southwest cooking thing. Darn that looks delicious. I hope my grocery store carries them peppers cause I'm gonna try them.

Thank you folks!
La, I think I posted these pictures in two forums today. lol

Brian, I'll send one to ya via Fed X..:-D

Thank you Chris, John and Skidder! :wink:

Ride em Cowgirl! Nice work. I wish I knew how to do that southwest cooking thing. Darn that looks delicious. I hope my grocery store carries them peppers cause I'm gonna try them.

Hope you can find some anaheims... they are fairly mild and you can kick it up with the jalapenos in the stuffing.

They take time to make, so I make extras for later. :-D

Back