View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YokeUp View Post
I thought the Gator had a permanent pan with a drain?
No, a standard Gater has a removable waterpan. I have seen dealers selling Gaters with a fixed pan and drain option, but thats almost a Fatboy. (which wouldn't be a bad thing)

Personally, I hate the way its designed, but it is what it is. Your video shows a solution to the frustration level I've wrestled with the BWS removable pan.

I still use water in the pan, I just cut a universal grate and set it directly on top of the pan and set a foiled over sheet pan or foil half pan to catch the drippings and found clean up to be much easier and still cook moist.

I dig the expanded charcoal baskets you have for the Chubby, Party and ExP, and I'm not sure if you are aware of the two tiered charcoal grate rails on the Gater or not?

I had to make an expando basket that fits inside the stock tray that fits between the second level rails.

KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->