Grill Pro bristle less grill brush

LostArrow

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Most of you have heard about the problems from grill bristles breaking off and injuring people. At one time I thought this was extremely rare. Last year one of my friends bit down on a piece of food with the bristle punctured his gum and developed an infection which required oral antibiotics. Was much less serious thanpeople who've perforated Their GI tract it still was a P ITA. For years I've use d theWeber Grill brush with it's heavy stainless steel bristles I believe it is much less likely to lose them.
At hunting camp I now use a crumpled up piece of aluminum fool. I've thrown away the one to two dollar cheap wooden handle grill brushes the boys have bought it Wally world. I recently bought a grill pro brush that has been developed to minimize the risk of this problem. It uses stainless steel rings around a brush instead of bristles. It is made by onward manufacturing the Canadian company that makes broil King grills.
I played with the brush for a few days now and here are my conclusions. Comparing the three ways of cleaning the grill actually the aluminum foil probably works better then the other two. The problem with the aluminum foil is you have to dispose of it , it's a one used thing and dangerous to use when the grill is hot.
Weber grill brush works well it's easy to use when the grill is hot which makes cleaning the grill easier. The major problem with the Weber is the bristles tend to clog up with Grease when I use it on my smoker which tends to develop a heavier coating of oil/grease on the greats.
The grill pro is the least effective in cleaning the grates but with the proper technique is still effective. there is a slightly different way of using it instead of running it straight up-and-down the great the handle is turned at a 45° angle and then use to clean the greats. The good thing is best I can tell from the design it should almost last forever. It is easier to clean when he gums up with oil. It appears to be almost impossible to lose a piece to cause a problem with metal in your food.
None of these brushes are expensive except compared to the one dollar Wally world brushes. The Weber cost $8 at Amazon, the grill pro was $6, the aluminum full probably cost about $.15-$.20. Per use.

Thanks for the review, that's an interesting design. I currently use foil or a scotchbrite pad

I like the slinky grill cleaner. I have been cooking in pans on my offset so no cleanup is necessary but on my Webers this might be something I need.

I like the slinky grill cleaner. I have been cooking in pans on my offset so no cleanup is necessary but on my Webers this might be something I need.
What is the Slinky grill cleaner? Google search does not turn up anything.

Thanks,

Robert

What is the Slinky grill cleaner? Google search does not turn up anything.

Thanks,

Robert

I was referring to the picture above. It reminds me of a slinky the way the metal is linked together in a circle/tubular pattern. Sorry

Back