New Weber Performer Platinums

ajstrider

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've seen some websites that sell the Performers have pictures of a newer style, and was wondering what they have done with the dome thermometer, seems they have done something different with it. Anyone seen one personally or have one they could take photos of. I like the looks of these newer ones. Might push me over the edge and finally snatch one up.

841001A_large.jpg

I have the older model and love it, it has replaced my gas grill. pull the trigger if you can, it's a well thought out grill.

The dome thermometer is now built into the dome like the Weber Smokey Mountain dome thermos.

It is the silver bump that is on the dome.
master:WEB025.jpg

I have a 2010 which has everything the new one does but no timer. As for cooking and the thermo placement I give thumbs up to Weber. I cook 99% indirect with the coals on the left side. The way they put the therm with respect to the top vent is perfect. The vent is over the food allowing for a nice smoke path and the thermo is right in front of me. The gas assist is outstanding..............Get one you will love it. Oh and this year they have coppertone............cool

I am under the impression my first photo is a very new model and you can see they have done something with thermometer besides putting it in the dome. I have seen those, my 26" otg has one like that. Is this actually a photo of an older one?

Yeah looks like I got fooled by an old picture, disregard this thread.

I absolutely love my Performer Platinum, my only complaint is that they don't make a 26" version. But I just end up using an extra Kettle.

Yeah looks like I got fooled by an old picture, disregard this thread.

To answer your question though, since the older models with the OP thermo show up on CL (Got mine for 50 asking, gave him 75 to seal it for 24 hours), I have one like that. It's pretty consistant, and the tip is RIGHT AT the dome's top and is about 30 ~ 40 degrees lower than grate level on mine.

The timer ones have been out since late last year for 2012...the timer/burner model replaced the standard burner model. Everything else pretty much stayed the same.
The have discontinued the blue models so grab them while you can if you like 'em. They are now black, green, or bronze.

Back