View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #118
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Some of you want to see more pictures of cooks on here, so here are the cooks I did Sunday.

First, wings for lunch. The left row is Red Robin seasoning with Thyme (for the kids). The second to the left is BPS Little Louie’s w/Black Pepper plus Thyme (for me). The next row, second from the right, is Buffalo Wild Wings “Buffalo” seasoning (it is great for a traditional wing taste without sauce, but with smoke) (for my wife). And the last row on the right is my favorite for wings, Habanero Death Dust (for me as well). This picture is them cooked.

And here is my plate, BPS and HDD wings with sliced potatoes with cheese, bacon and sour cream.

I also cooked a Tri-tip today. I have always thought that the YS1320/YS1500 would make perfect tri-tip cookers, and it does.

Here is the tri tip seasoned with Ted and Barney’s on the right side to soak up smoke. I will pull it at 115* IT.

After I pulled the tri-tip, I cranked the controller up to 475* and opened the HMS damper so I could get direct heat from the fire to get my reverse sear and finish cooking the tri-tip.

Tri tip back on

Seared for 2 minutes per side. This is after the first side was seared.

What I was surprised to see was when I checked temp after the sear on both sides, I was already up to 135* IT, so I cooked it 10* too far! It was thinner than most tri-tips I have done, so I should have known better.

On the cutting board then sliced on my plate.

It was wonderful, except for it being overcooked. Even as it was, it was great and I see a lot of tri-tips in the Yoder’s future.

Thanks from: --->