Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Silver Lake Apple & BBQ Cook-Off Festival

jefr

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Cooked a few contests and judged a few more 3-4 years ago. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to returning to cooking at Silver Lake! My daughter and I go by Frog's Hair BBQ. Be happy to meet some bretheren if any are there. Stop by for a cider... I'll be the one with the kitchen sink...!:thumb:

This will be my first competition. Hoping things go well. Still finishing up my trailer so also crossing my fingers that it gets done in time as well.

Last edited:
Rubbed Smoked & Sauced will be there Friday morning.

Rubbed Smoked & Sauced will be there Friday morning.

Yeah, what he said :}
A very nice venue and excellent run contest. The GLBBQA "Beak 2 Beak" finals will be held there on Friday, turn in times for the teams who qualified is 8pm.

Scott

I was hoping to make it out to this comp but couldnt figure a way to get my smoker out there for this one. Gunna have to start saving for a truck/trailer ^.^ Good luck to all who are cooking out there wish I could join the fun!

dessert / pork

I would be grateful if anyone who has cooked at Silver Lake can fill me in on how the desert and pork/apple turn ins are handled. I cooked there a few years ago but did not get in the preliminaries. As much detail as possible would be appreciated. For instance do people plate their deserts / dishes and provide utensils? or are they turned in in standard turn in boxes?

Sweet Racks & Smokin' Butts will be there first thing Friday morning. Looks like it will be chilly Friday night but dry and nice! I've got a solid 4 gallons of Apple Pie making the trip :shocked:

This will be my first competition. Hoping things go well. Still finishing up my trailer so also crossing my fingers that it gets done in time as well.

Good Luck! If you need anything or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I would be grateful if anyone who has cooked at Silver Lake can fill me in on how the desert and pork/apple turn ins are handled. I cooked there a few years ago but did not get in the preliminaries. As much detail as possible would be appreciated. For instance do people plate their deserts / dishes and provide utensils? or are they turned in in standard turn in boxes?

We cooked them a couple years ago. You can plate in a standard box or use your own dishes.

The organizer, Jeff, is really good at returning emails. Get hold of him and I am sure he can answer your questions. We have been cooking there for a few years but don't do the side categories.
On a side note, some CBJ's have cancelled and they are in need of some replacements.

I will be there but not competing. Just want to take it all in this time, and hopefully start competing next year. I will be on the lookout for some of you though and best of luck

I've got a solid 4 gallons of Apple Pie making the trip

Is this the same kind of apple pie Mags Bennet made on "Justified"?

Sweet Racks & Smokin' Butts will be there first thing Friday morning. Looks like it will be chilly Friday night but dry and nice! I've got a solid 4 gallons of Apple Pie making the trip :shocked:

I expect a visit to the amateurs w/ the apple pie!

Back