View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #32
Rib Rub
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamuzzyhunter View Post
I have been looking at the Pit Boss Austin XL. Anyone here have one or know anything about it?
I can tell you one thing, I looked it up and watched a quick video on you tube and I can tell by looking at the slider to make that a direct cooking grill that it is made by Louisiana grills. I really like that feature allot and it is identical to the same one on the Louisiana grills. The Austin XL has quite a few nice features I like. One I mentioned, also like the pellet dump which is on my Camp Chef, not to mention it has allot room. Mine is a bit smaller where I can get 3 racks on my Camp Chef, but that is about max. I have done two racks and a Boston butt and again I was pretty well maxed. That room will come in handy. The only other thing you really want to find out is if it has any big temp swings. Better grade pellets can help with that, but I am guessing that grill is made by Louisiana grills and they are a pretty good grill. I think you will be pretty happy with that grill.

I am certainly no expert on pellet grills, but some things I have learned since I bought mine is, you want all the room you can get for your dollar. Stainless steel firebox, a quick pellet dump and the option for easy direct and indirect cooking and the Pit Boss Austin XL seems to have all that and some.

It is going to be interesting in the next few years at how these grills evolve. They are light years better than even a year ago. These new options are probably going to put the gas grill industry out of business in the next 5 years. I myself have not touched my gas grill in months.

Pit Boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1lVwcDSTbI

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->