Seconds BBQ (Amityville, Long Island)

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I visited Seconds again today and I thought I would post an update for the last review.

I sampled the spare ribs, chopped bbq, rice and beans and french fries.

Seconds is a take out only restaurant that is closer to soul food than the bbq that we are used to. They have a table with two chairs on a patio near the parking lot, but Seconds is certainly not a place you would think of to sit and stay.

They have a large and diverse menu and a very price conscious lunch. You can find anything from sliced brisket to oxtail on the menu. They also have a revolving 'specials' selection.

The rice was a bit bland, but not bad. I had expected a bit more of a New Orleans dirty rice. The fries were simple crinkle cut frozen fries.

The chopped bbq was tasty, tender and unique. It was in an interesting sauce that had you scratching your head trying to remember where you had that taste before. The ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender and were in the same sauce. I'm not sure, but I believe that the ribs were cooked with mesquite. They had a nice, lingering flavor.

I highly recommend Seconds, but you need to be aware that they are NOT a standard bbq joint. You won't find KCBS oriented food here, but that isn't a bad thing.

Eric

Yeah, the house was about 3 miles from the restaurant.

No bleeding walls at the bbq joint unfortunately.

Eric

Stopped by the other day with the wife. It is sort of obscure and on a side street from the main road so if you blink you would miss it. I had the beef rib and the wife had the jerk chicken, For sides we both had the baked mac and cheese. The beef rib was unbelievable. Cooked to perfection, Lightly sauced and rubbed but bursting with flavor. My wife said the jerk chicken was OK. The mac and cheese was kind of dry and bland. The corn bread was one of the best i have ever had. Really moist with kernels of sweet corn in it. I usually dont opt for desert at lunch but the red velvet cake looked so inviting. The cake was delicious.

Last edited:
Back