Pad Kee Mao on the shagstone

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
One of the big perks of having a garden is growing stuff you can't find easily... Case in point, this meal...

Thai basil is not easy to find out here in the sticks, but I grow it -

KXVpd3Wh.jpg

Same with good thai chilis.. (I have 8 thai chili plants this year)

ZrjXZczh.jpg

So... I figured I better make some Pad kee mao while I still can.. The only downside about this dish is you gotta make your own noodles, which is a bit of a PITA...

Noodle recipe is

3 cups water
2 cups rice flour
1 cup tapioca

This is a good tutorial on how to make them -
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPeNRcmbPoI"]How to Make Fresh Rice Noodles "Ho Fun" ก๋วยเตี๋ยวเส้นใหญ่ - Hot Thai Kitchen! - YouTube[/ame]

sxZEznyh.jpg

gmTPYrEh.jpg

Next I cut up chicken thighs and marinated them in some soy, fish sauce, red pepper flakes, and rice vinegar

eRXfxuO.jpg

Picked my chilis.. This should be more than enough to light me up good -

Aa2m7sRh.jpg

Grabbed some fresh garden maters too
OTWuZHWh.jpg

Prep work is done..

5r3dcfwh.jpg

This is the sauce recipe. Is anyone needs bottle pics, try google, and then PM me if you still can't find..

3 Tbs Oyster Sauce
2 tea Dark soy
1 Tbs Golden Mountain Seasoning Sauce
2 Tbs Fish Sauce
1 Tbs Sugar

Fired up the shagstone -

9VinptEh.jpg

Good and hot -

IqxQn9Dh.jpg

I didn't get any cook pics, but goes like this - cook chicken, remove, cook onions and red peppers, add garlic and chilis, add basil and noodles, stir quickly, add sauce and chicken, add tomatoes. toss and remove from heat. serve. The whole thing takes about 2 minutes.

pTT4VLrh.jpg

Dinner!

Zm9dow0h.jpg

I cooked 2 batches... First one was normal spicy, the second one (last pic) was melt your face off, put a roll of TP in the freezer now, you'll need it later, spicy, just for me. It was tasty!

:hungry: It's lunchtime here and I'd hit that hard now.

Matt, Pad Kee Mao is one of our favorite Thai dishes, and you did it up just right! Bravo!

:clap: :thumb: :hail::hungry:

Just woke up (just worked two of three night shifts) and that looks like a great wake me up meal.

I have to admit, I got quite sidetracked with the video. Took me a while to come back here and see your delicious food.

Dang Matt that looks good, Nellie is craving Thai but I don't have the ingredients and there is nothing open around here.

I still can't stop looking at this incredible cook thread!

Being a redneck from GA I've never heard of that dish but I would dang sure hit a plate of the spicy.:thumb:

Back