I know, I know, no pics....didn't happen

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I had been pondering for the last couple of days what to make for an event held locally in my town. The event is called Wiener Wednesday, and is held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month here in Fort Lauderdale. It is a friendly get together attended by mainly yachting crew, captains or people in the yacht industry. I was invited to attend and to bring a hot dog topping. The competition is solely based on the topping and not the hot dog or the bread. I have known about this throw down for several weeks and chose to wait to the last minute as usual. Early this morning 3:00 am I began mulling over different combinations in my head and sometime around 10:00 am I had a game plan put together. In celebration of St. Patricks Day I prepared the following;
1 3.5 Lb Corned beef from my local Publix market, Smoked with apple, and pecan wood, indirect to an internal temp of 170 degrees. Wrapped and rested for 1 hour sliced thin and then pulsed into a food processor along with 1/2 lb bacon rendered with 1 Head green cabbage simmered in Yuengling, mustard seed, S&P, Mr. Mustard and 2 tsp Colemans dry mustard.

Result... Truckin Good Vittles.
P.S added smoked bacon strips on the top of the tray for added eye candy. However, no pics......didn't happen! such is life. let' talk about the fish that got away!.....:0

e-needpics.gif

That sounds really delicious! And yeah, pics would have been great, but the idea alone gets a :hug: from me. :thumb:

sounds great, one of the best hot dogs ive ever had was a pulled pork and cole slaw topped hot dog. this sounds up that same alley.

The PrOn in on!

Well, the proof is in the pudding, as they say. My smoked corned beef and cabbage with bacon hotdog topping made the web! That's me in the red shirt next to the hot tub and the topping I made is in the silver crotch pot in front of me. So there are pics so now it happened. Had way too much fun!

Attachments

• wiener wednesday.jpg
    wiener wednesday.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 39
Back