First bacon weave fattie

Birdie

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Like the bacon weave, first one I've made. All I could do is look tho. Made it for a friend who's brother is getting a smoker for Christmas so as soon as it was off the smoker it was in the cooler and out the door. Well it looked good anyway, hope it tastes as good as it looked.
vadejaba.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Anyone else sprinkle your rub over the inside before rolling it up? I put SM cherry on the inside as well as outside on the fatties, love that stuff.

I would like to try that.
Cheers.
Titch

Looks fantastic! So now make two more for yourself. Eat one, save the other for another day. :thumb:

Very nice weave. I always screw mine up but they still taste good. I've spent more time on the ends of my fatties to make sure I don't get the cheese leaking. Nice job!

Yea I've not had one yet where it didn't leak and I've tried pinching of the ends to seal it up but no luck. These things are better than I thought they would be when I started making them.

Anyone else sprinkle your rub over the inside before rolling it up? I put SM cherry on the inside as well as outside on the fatties, love that stuff.

Yes we do:thumb:

Never had a fattie that looked good and tasted bad. But i have had some that looked bad and tasted good:p
Nice job on the weave.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Next time when you roll your fattie up, try placing the log on the corner of the bacon weave. I have found it not only presents better but wraps and smokes up tighter because you can tuck the edge corners in on the final roll up.

porkygoodness1.jpg

Next time when you roll your fattie up, try placing the log on the corner of the bacon weave. I have found it not only presents better but wraps and smokes up tighter because you can tuck the edge corners in on the final roll up.

porkygoodness1.jpg

Thanks, making three later this afternoon I'll try that.

Yea like the corner roll better, thanks GreenDrake for the tip.
yqa9a2es.jpg

Three on, should be done in an hour and a half. :p

And done.......
qarababe.jpg

yna4e2a7.jpg

Back