Popdaddys Soul Cornbread - reissue

B

barbefunkoramaque

I Know, I know, I posted this before. But After seeing all the GREAT Onion Pie stuff I am gonna NOT make Soulbread this Thanksgiving and Make the ONION PIe recipe.

So y'all, if you can, make the POPDADDYS SOULBREAD for those that saw this before I apologize. I just know cornbread and Thanksgiving goes well together and this is good stuff and a gift from me to your fam.

Popdaddys Soulbread is a cornbread made with an Onion Bottom (which when flipped makes it the Top) After the Cornbread is cooked, it is holed in the pan and smothered with a butter and cream sauce. This soaks through the cornbread down to the onions. When the Pan handle is cool enough to grab by hand it is ready to flip. When the cornnbread is flipped AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL that buttery oniony goodness floats down.

Tip... just like in the proper Onion Soup you do not toss the onion while they are simmering. Mix just once.

Larry Graham is Cracked Pepper
Boosty Collins is Red Pepper Flakes
Smokin Stuff is Montreal

If you can't tell what Rick James, Prince and George Benson are I can't help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool...maybe I'll star naming my spices after baseball players and termanology...:twisted:

curve ball = cayenne
pepper = batting practice
brisket = catcher's mitt

now im lost but it sounds cool it rolls off the tongue

Cool...maybe I'll star naming my spices after baseball players and termanology...:twisted:

curve ball = cayenne
pepper = batting practice
brisket = catcher's mitt

Only Shane TxShutte has tasted this...

For those making the OVEN Brisket in that test.... while the brisket is resting... you should make this.

Follow the instructions to the tee and be sure to use JIFFY MIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reminder, there is a vido link to the recipe

Back