Cooker for vending

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was able to score some pretty large events this year for vending. I need a new cooker to get me through them. I currently have a med spicewine and that is not going to cut it for the masses I will have to serve.

Please give your advise on the best in your opinion to use.

Anyone have one for sale?????

Thanks

If you didn't already buy Smokin's pit, your crazy!

The Lang is a not a wise choice for vending. Sort of a fuel hog. Plus you have to deal with regulating temps. My suggestion would be to sell the medium spicewine and buy a larger one. Catering is a business and you need to have more of a set it and forget it mentality.

The Lang is a not a wise choice for vending. Sort of a fuel hog. Plus you have to deal with regulating temps. My suggestion would be to sell the medium spicewine and buy a larger one. Catering is a business and you need to have more of a set it and forget it mentality.

I respectfully disagree with you Tony. This Lang has the warmer box to keep food warm that is ready to be served. And wouldn't the stoker help keep temps steady. Finally, I know some Bros. that have Langs. and they are not such a fuel hog and do keep very even temps.

But I do agree that a Spicewine is a much more efficient cooker.

As far as the size goes, I would determine that by the types of food you cook. If you are cooking a lot of ribs you are gonna need a bigger cooker than if you do pork butts. I have seen the Large Spicewine and I believe that cooker would do you right for just about any catering event.

As far as the Lang goes, I was speaking on a level of efficiency and productivity not passion. I would go insulated for the shear thought of not having to play with the smoker, in catering you have enough of a job to do without babysitting a fire. Notice the rusted out firebox, that comes from building bigarse fires just to get the temps up to a point where they will not require attention. Call them like I see them didn't mean to dish the Lang just meant to say there are more efficient offset smokers out there.

You do bring up some good points Tony. I think that it is fair to say that each cooker has its advantages and disadvantages. The thing I like best about this Lang is that is has a variety of heat locations, or hot/cold spots. This would be good if you need to hurry up cooking something or for just keeping something else warm. Correct me if I am wrong but this is not the case with the Spicewine. Even temps are a hallmark.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is not the case with the Spicewine. Even temps are a hallmark.

Correction (in my case at least) The top shelf of the Spicewine runs 5-10 degrees hotter than the others. I tend to finish my ribs and chicken there.

Back