First Cook on Bandera and New Rub (with Ork pron)

My 1st attempt at what you described above. A taller cabinet would be a plus.

picture.php

Is that a Bandera? Why not hang but still use firebox? How's it working?

Yeah, that's my Bandera. I normally do use the side firebox whether using the racks or hanging.
This was an experiment with an old Kingsford kettle in the bottom and the hooks on the uppermost rack. The results were satisfactory.
I'm gonna run some rods across the very top of the cook chamber to hang the hooks on.

Man they look great. I love using oak.

Im gonna play with this thing for several cooks and see if I like Stickburning- if'n I do I believe once Muscrat has a new shop I will have him build me a vertical with firebox directly underneath - more efficient so less wood to burn and smaller footprint - something similar to DWFisk's Son's they built. :thumb:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162551

I really like that style as well. If I get another smoker it will be that design.

Ribs are Done - 4 hrs 45 minutes no wrap - 1 Butt Half - 7 hrs no wrap - averaging 250*

Tastes Good but wouldn't say its any better than my UDS - but I use a lot of Chunks in my UDS - like Half a Bag per cook.

They look good.

So you saying you cook with wood in the uds? :shock: :p

The Pork Burnt Ends are DELISCOUS!! The Bandera Turd Burned Up every piece of wood in that $12 Bag of Mini Logs plus a half bag of Lump.!! I think I'll name that Turd "Woody" since he likes Wood So Much!

Back