Pork Loin Chops, the OTHER Chicken Breast...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm eating a lot of chicken and rabbit food, trying to get farking doctor to STFU.

Doing some research, i discovered that a lean pork loin chop is actually healthier than a boneless, skinless chicken breast. And, a whole lot better, IMO.

PLUS, you can cook them to 145, and eat tender, juicy, porky goodness and not die.

Medium chicken is not advised. :sick:

I grilled up a couple of heart healthy loin chops, marinaded overnight in Stubb's Pork Marinade, last night.

So, yes, you can eat pork and tell your doctor to fark off. :becky:

picture.php

CD

Last edited:
Yep, lost 50 lbs last year by just counting calories. Doc told me to shoot for 1840 calories a day, after a couple of weeks of counting you learn what you can and can't eat calorie-wise so you don't blow it everyday. I did cut waaaaaaaaay back on the red meat but did have center cut pork chops at least once a week. Quit counting back in July and gained about 20 back, but getting back on my regimen starting tomorrow. Good luck to you, I'll be doing the same, gotta lose the 20 I gained back plus another 50 and I'll be able to get off of most of my meds.

Yep, lost 50 lbs last year by just counting calories. Doc told me to shoot for 1840 calories a day, after a couple of weeks of counting you learn what you can and can't eat calorie-wise so you don't blow it everyday. I did cut waaaaaaaaay back on the red meat but did have center cut pork chops at least once a week. Quit counting back in July and gained about 20 back, but getting back on my regimen starting tomorrow. Good luck to you, I'll be doing the same, gotta lose the 20 I gained back plus another 50 and I'll be able to get off of most of my meds.

Glad to hear of your loss. :becky:

I'm okay on weight. It is high cholesterol, which runs in my family, that my doc won't shut up about. My parents are in their 80s, and have high cholesterol. My grandparents live into their 80s and 90s, and had high cholesterol. My doctor worries about it way more than I do.

I also like to eat healthy, as long as it tastes good. And, pork loin chops with Stubb's marinade is a favorite of mine.

Tonight, I'm making a shrimp and scallop stir fry. Another favorite, with yellow bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

CD

Aw man, loin chops are one of my favorites!:hungry: I know they're lean...but they have that strip of fat on the outside (especially if you buy the whole loin and chop yourself). Nothing like some tasty pork and some of that crispy fat on the outside!:hungry:

Back