Too low, too slow?

The real issue here is, who the hell wants to cook something for 27 hours that you can get the same results or better in +/- 8 hrs.

Blu... am I right?

Captain Obvious
"the same results or better in +/- 8 hrs."
Your conclusion is wrong.
The true result is the other way round, the 27 hours @ 140F is BETTER than +/- 8 hrs @225F

"the same results or better in +/- 8 hrs."
Your conclusion is wrong.
The true result is the other way round, the 27 hours @ 140F is BETTER than +/- 8 hrs @225F

I guess I will have to give it a go and see if it is that much better. That is a Full Pull, time wise so until I give it a try I can not say what is "better".
BTW, I was not thinking that 225* for 8 hrs would be "Better". Faster requires hotter.

Well, the main thing is that we know that lady was not bull****ting and also, we know a little bit more about how and why. And don't forget about the bacterial vector stuff. I've seen too many briskets and such thrown out on this forum because someones fire got below 140F and they panicked, thinking they were gonna kill the entire family... Posted a question on the forum, and were told by everyone to throw it out and grill chops instead.

THINK about the science.

Cheerio!

Billikins

Well, the main thing is that we know that lady was not bull****ting and also, we know a little bit more about how and why. And don't forget about the bacterial vector stuff. I've seen too many briskets and such thrown out on this forum because someones fire got below 140F and they panicked, thinking they were gonna kill the entire family... Posted a question on the forum, and were told by everyone to throw it out and grill chops instead.

THINK about the science.

Cheerio!

Billikins

Ditto!

Back