View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
cmohr74
Full Fledged Farker

I cook on a Peoria in competitions with my teammate on Brew-B-Q. He owns the MMOF and I must say it's one of the most versatile cookers I have ever cooked on. I own a Backwoods EP, FEC 100, Memphis Advantage, UDS, and a Cookshack Smokette, and you will not catch me speaking ill of any of those...they are great. But when my teammate and I teamed up, I borrowed the smoker in spring for 2 months to learn the ins and outs of it I was dumbfounded at how awesome it was. You can cook on 3-4 different levels and ranges from 160 degrees to maybe 500 degrees in the firebox. We cook with lump and chunks and it puts the greatest smoke ring I have ever seen on a brisket without over-smoking it. We run a guru with 25 cfm fan on it and it never moves a degree from the time the smoker is up to temp to the moment we shut it down. If the meat is cooking faster than expected, you can move it from right to left or down. In the lower portion of the cooker, you can keep it at 160 and basically hold the meat once it's done cooking. You can put a rack over the coals in the fire box and sear up some steaks.
I have talked with a few people about the MMIF and there only concerns were that because it's so efficient in burning charcoal, it becomes stale in the cooking environment and you don't get a good smoke flavor. I have never cooked on one, but this is what I've been told. Quau, who helped design the MMOF pretty much will endorse the MMOF only. Would I recommend it, hands down that answer is yes.