And God said........

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
......"You Mr. Brinker need a dose of reality." Many thanks to the BBQ judges in St. Peters, MO for being the instruments of his will. Holy Carp what a beating we took today! I mean this tongue in cheek by the way. It had been a while since we took one on the chin and I figured we were due sooner or later.

LOL. Last KCBS even we did was the same for us. We'd had a string of RGC's or 3rd overall, then we had that outing and was WAY down in the bottom 1/3rd; glad not DAL.

They happen.

Jeff, you'll bounce right back at the next comp!

I do believe that this is the first time that I've heard us judges being described as instuments of the Lord's will - usually we're likened to a different diety by those who read the score sheets :rolleyes: :p.

I've slept on it, so it's all good. We did make a couple small chicken changes this week that brought it back into the fold. The discouraging part is that everything else was the same it's been all year but not well received. We've been in the top 10 overall for 10 of 13 contests this year. Yesterday, 19th of 36.......Our worst finish this year. Oh well, off to next week.

I know what you mean. Our last comp of the year was last week and it was the same for us. I thought it was the best we cooked all year. The judges disagreed. A tough way to end the season.

I've got 2 more plus the Royal to go yet. The urge is to change everything, but the smart money is on doing what brought us this far, so, no changes for me. A wise and winning man from Oklahoma told me that a few weeks ago when we were discussing our year so far. He suggested that this might happen and cautioned me not to mess with anything.

Back