View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #148
Weiser
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Clairification.

Sorry CG, as usual I wasn't very through regarding my comment.
Paint, thinner and most everything else will burn out. Don't worry about what was in the drum
but steer clear of these so called food grade drums that everyone here seems to think are the only way to go.
More work, more toxins and just more BS.
Jump on the first Acetone or oil drum you run across.

Weiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgwaite View Post
I would like to get a clarification of the statement. "It doesn't much matter what has been in it other than paint, it will all burn out after several good trial burns." Am I to understand that drums that previously contained paint (or primer) should be avoided? If so, what are the specific reasons ?

My thought here is that, if you burn the inside of the barrel out thoroughly, wouldn't any remaining paint be removed? I am sure that you would probably want to utilize a wire brush on a drill to the barrel as well, to ensure all paint residue was removed.

I have access to both drums previously containing oil and paint. The paint ones come as open-top, and were to be my preferred choice, until I read the above quote. Before I make my decision on which to get, I would like to know what hazards barrels previously containing paint pose for use as a UDS.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Weiser is offline   Reply With Quote