Contest Announcment New Michigan Contest -Cedar Springs 9-26-27

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
It's official. We have a new contest in Cedar Springs MI on Sept 26-27. For this year it will be run using KCBS rules but will not be sanctioned (not enough time). It will be a State Championship and a qualifier for the Jack if we get 15 teams. It will be run in conjunction with the Red Flannel Festival so I pretty much guarantee a good turnout of spectators. There will be some type of people choice as we're replacing the chili cookoff. A lot of details to work out but what I know for sure is that it will pay out better than $3k and probably closer to $5k - more to follow soon. They are going to work with Mike Terry (GLBBQA president) and myself on the logistics so you can be assured there will be adequate porta pottys, water, power, ice and space for the Smokin Sco's motor coach. They already have volunteers so that's one big hurdle crossed.

They are also working with the KCBS on this and I expect that they will get the new kit for non sanctioned first year contests that includes placemats, etc.

Any other Brethren in this area interested in helping with pre planning can contact me. And if you want more info as it is announced you can email Roger Gren rgren at unitysecurity dot com. Roger would love to get some emails from cooks asking for details and expressing interest in the contest.

Great news Ford!! I will shoot Rodger an e-mail.

Cool deal!! I like the date as well. I cant wait to get this one rolling!!

Darn it; I'm going to be in Florida for my nephew's wedding. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help beforehand.

Email sent, have other plans for that week but will help if I can.

So next year we'll have the quadfecta?? :biggrin:

We may have 6 next year, as I am working with a group here in my hometown to have a KCBS sanctioned event next year, plus the one that we are trying to get together for Eagle!!

Yes, you ARE cooking this one.......:twisted:

Dammit Mike, your always busy!!
You should round up the boys and do this one also!

Thats our yearly fall fishing trip date unless they change it again.

So next year we'll have the quadfecta?? :biggrin:

We may have 6 next year, as I am working with a group here in my hometown to have a KCBS sanctioned event next year, plus the one that we are trying to get together for Eagle!!

Thought Eagle was a secret!

So would that make it a sextrecta????:shock::biggrin::biggrin:

Well the politicans are having trouble deciding anything and we met Saturday and decided to cancel for this year. A committee is forming this fall and they will be presenting a full plan for a KCBS contest to the politicans in January. We should have news after that and a fully sanctioned contest ready to go for 2009. That will make 6 southern MI contests next year.

Damn Ford, that's my birthday weekend, was planning on whooping it up, maybe even drink some more of that rot gut stuff that was going around in Mt. Morris.

Scott

Sorry to hear that Ford, was looking forward to another.....

Damn Ford, that's my birthday weekend, was planning on whooping it up, maybe even drink some more of that rot gut stuff that was going around in Mt. Morris.

Scott

My B-day too.
I'm your huckleberry! :cool:

Back