Grilling Pineapple

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey,

Asking for advice on grilling pineapple is a bit of overkill. As long as you don't burn it, it's going to be delicious.

That being said, I'm going to be grilling some tomorrow and I was toying with the idea of adding a touch of honey and chipotle. I'm a little hesitant about the honey, as the pineapple will be plenty sweet.

Any thoughts?

Eric

Love the grilled pineapple.

I just hit it with "cinnamom and sugar" and cook each side for grill marks.

I know a lot of the guys use "booze", especially RUM, and that sounds wonderful also.

I think RICK has some killer pics and recipies.

Great eats.

TIM

This past weekend I grilled some canned pineapple.

What I did was open the pineapple and drain the juice into a bowl. I mixed some chipotle powder in the pineapple juice and then put it all back in the can. I let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.

Tasted very good and gave you a little tingle on the back of your throat as it went down.

What I did was open the pineapple and drain the juice into a bowl. I mixed some chipotle powder in the pineapple juice and then put it all back in the can. I let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.

Tasted very good and gave you a little tingle on the back of your throat as it went down.

No Pron it did not happen.:mrgreen:

My fingers say yes, but my mind says "you better not." :)

Cinnamon, sugar, and banana rum or other cordial...oh yeah Gran Marner works great, too!

THAT to me sounds like a very, very good idea.
Thanks.

marinate in pussers rum & brown sugar for about an hour or two, then grill for about 10-14 minutes till nicely marked.

legoflamb-039-1.jpg

flatironsteakstew-061.jpg

flambe' optional :biggrin:

flatironsteakstew-059.jpg

Grilled Sugar-Dipped Pineapple

Ingredient List:

• 1 ripe pineapple
  • 8 TBSP (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 1 TSP grated lime zest
  • 1 TSP ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 TSP ground cloves
  • 1/2 C dark rum, for flambeing
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the grill to high.
  2. Cut the leafy top off the pineapple, then cut the rind. Slice the fruit into 8 or 10 even rounds. Using a pineapple corer or paring knife, remove the core from each round.
  3. When ready to cook, place the melted butter in a shallow bowl; combine the sugar, lime zest, and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Bring both bowls to grillside. Oil the grill grate. Dip each slice of pineapple first in the melted butter, then in the sugar mixture, shaking off the excess. Arrange the pineapple slices on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until browned and sizzling, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer the pineapple slices to plates or a platter, arranging the slices in an overlapping fashion.
  4. Warm the rum in a small, flameproof saucepan on one side of the grill; do not let it boil over or even become hot. Remove from the heat and then, making sure your sleeves are rolled up and hair is tied back (and last will and testament has been written), light a long match and use it to ignite the rum, averting your face as you do so. Very carefully pour the flaming rum over the pineapple and serve immediately.

I have finally come to realize my take on most food, especially on the grill...

If I start with good ingredients, I don't need to do much to it.

Pineapple falls into this for me; I've tried it different ways, but good, fresh pineapple is great just by itself, IMO.

My favorite way to grill pineapple is mix up a little brown sugar with as much cayenne as you like, I usually go 1/4cup and 1tsp. mix together well. Then add just enough rum or brandy or if you prefer non-alcoholic (?), maple syrup to make a thick syrup.

I grill the pineapple about 3 minutes per side and mop with the sauce. Serve on a plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream while still warm.

Any way you grill 'em it's good...I sprinkle mine with a little raw sugar then drizzle some honey on top after they're done...mighty tastey. :biggrin:

Back