*** Get Your Wild Game On! Northern Illinois

parrothead

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Made up of a couple of brethren. We haven't done anything fantastic yet, but are hoping to eventually. Anybody is welcome to tag along and hang out the whole event. We use my buddy Bob's homemade cooker/trailor. It is a very nice rig. It has running hot and cold water as well.

Haven't even thought about this year's schedule yet. We always do Shannon, IL and a few more have popped up in the area this year and I will post the ones that we will be trying to attend.

Ron is always in charge of coffee, so you know it is the best coffee available at the competition.

We have nothing fancy for sleeping quarters, we just throw out on the ground. So bring a bedroll, bag, tarp, cot, whatever you need for sleeping comfort.

Anybody wanting to tag along will get fed and be able to drink from the Cabo bottle, but will need to bring their own beer or soft drink choice. Everyone on the team has their own drink cooler.

A good time is promised as well as some good starting tips for a competitor. We may even be able to learn something from you as well. We are a mellow camp at night and not the loud party types. If we feel like being like that there is generally a nearby tent to hang out in. If you are looking for an all night party, we are not your team, but do stop by and say hi.

Ronelle may be able to add some things.

Last edited:
Ron is always in charge of coffee, so you know it is the best coffee available at the competition.

The coffee is always free, too! (Unless you whine and moan too much. Then it's $3.00 a cup. Still cheaper than *$'s :rolleyes:

Ronelle may be able to add some things.

Yeah, but it's an on topic forum... :-D

We love to have Brethren visit us, but be prepared to be put to work. Right, Pimp? Ciret? Harbormaster? :biggrin:

I would love to hook up with you guys and learn a few things. Let me know when the next local event is.

This weekend in Westmont at Ty Warner Park. It will go tomorrow and turn-in's and rewards will be on Sunday...

Scottie

Can't make tomorrow as I am cooking for a large party at my house this weekend. Let me know when the next event comes around.

I won't be at any contests until after labor day. Just starting working 101 days straight in a row.

I am doing my first comp in October and would like to hook up to see how it's done. I am judging in Elk Grove Village, what's your next available?

Jim... My wife and I will be cooking at Elk Grove and Shannon. Feel free to hang with us at either on those.

We are Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que

This s**ks, I will be traveling for my job that week and don't get back until the 13th. Any others?

I would love to tag along with you guys. You ever do anything near PA. Let me know if I am not working or have any other pressing plans I will def come down and lend a hand and learn a thing or two.

I will stop by an see all the brethren on Friday but being a judge I don't want to hang out too long or be there Saturday morning to avoid any impropriety. GOOD LUCK!

Back