• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Good morning Phu! That's alot of pork belly, sounds like a victorious weekend! Lamb burgers and chuckeye here, have a great weekend bro!

New smoker is supposed to be delivered tomorrow morning. Will season and burn in then decide what to christen it with (there will be a 20 lb turkey involved for sure, because I need to get it out of the fridge before my wife kills me).

20# turkey????? My goodness brother. Have fun with that cook.

I have a 1.27# bone in rib eye, some Farmland Beef smoked sausage for one day, thinking grilled shrimp or red snapper with grilled broccoli or cauliflower for sides. Maybe a grilled blue cheese wedge salad.

Then again I'm often inspired by what I read on this forum, do a 180 and prepare something totally different than planned.

Cold smoking a bunch of stuff on Sunday. Salt, pepper, garlic, onions, cheddar cheese, some gouda. Gonna try something different, made up some of my pork BBQ sauce and I want to get some smoke on it, so a pan of it will go in to see how that works out.

Russ

I'm headed to Myron Mixon's this weekend for 'que camp so I'm betting a little bit of everything.

Sweet potatoes and fatties for a church dinner Saturday night.

Might have to grill something too.

Last edited:
I have 4 1/2 lbs salmon curing in the fridge Tomorrow I am using Don Marco's method to cold smoke and Gore's method to hot smoke. Forecast all week was beutiful for tomorrow Today they are talking showers

20# turkey????? My goodness brother. Have fun with that cook.

I have a 1.27# bone in rib eye, some Farmland Beef smoked sausage for one day, thinking grilled shrimp or red snapper with grilled broccoli or cauliflower for sides. Maybe a grilled blue cheese wedge salad.

Then again I'm often inspired by what I read on this forum, do a 180 and prepare something totally different than planned.

$0.59/lb Kroger special. I don't plan on eating much of it this weekend (my wife is doing a small family turkey for Thanksgiving). I will part out all of the meat and vacuum seal it for later meals.

I'm smoking a brisket flat tomorrow - first time doing a brisket on my new-to-me WSM. I believe that my wife is more excited about this than I am. She loves brisket.

Back at ya there Phu!
Rotissing a turkey on Saturday, and BB's on Sunday

No plans right now, except maybe some ribs on Sunday...

I'm gonna hit RD and see what looks good. Been a while since I've done lamb so maybe that. I've been doing almonds a lot lately, so probably more of those - and a chix as always.

Have Phun!

Smoked up a single rack of Saint Luis style for the Mrs and I last night. Today the venison loin goes into a week long brine/cure followed by a stint in the smoker. Hoping for a moist, tender, ham like texture with a jerky/ham flavor profile. Should make good snacking before Thanksgiving dinner.

Pork butt, brisket, chicken, ribs, and Saturday Night Steak Night for our first BBQ class this year! Have a great weekend folks!

Back