• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Good chicken wing sauce?

rdstoll

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Am smoking some wings on the UDS for a church function Friday and was wondering if anyone has a favorite sauce to throw on there at the end of the cook? Can be sweet or spicy - or both!

I've never sauced my wings just done the rub with a quick hit of finishing rub for added flavor. Has always been well received but looking to experiment a bit this time.

Thanks for any suggestions....

I am suggesting something similar to fantomlord.

Google "orange sriracha wings" and look for the recipes that use marmalade. VERRRRRRRRRY good

I also like to finish wings with a glaze of honey and Tabasco brand chipotle sauce. I like half & half on the ratio, but you can adjust however you'd like.

Google "orange sriracha wings" and look for the recipes that use marmalade. VERRRRRRRRRY good

20 oz jar of Orange Marmalade
1/3 c Sriracha Sauce
1/3 c honey
1/3 c brown sugar

Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add more Sriracha or other heat source if you desire more heat.
This can be used as finishing sauce on wings at the end of a cook. Baste for the last 30 minutes, allowing the sauce to set between basting.

It also makes a great dipping sauce for pork and poultry.

+1 for this. Made it a few times. Awesome.

I used the orange marmalade sriracha sauce on bacon wrapped thighs on Sunday and it was fantastic!

I can't take the credit for this one. I've even emailed the original inventor to give them credit already and mention the changes I've made to the sauce to suit me and the ingredients I had on hand.

http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/the-award-losing-maple-bourbon-bbq-sauce/

This is not my website, I just found it here. There are links to the original inventor as well.

My wife went crazy for this sauce, we did wings on Sunday during football, not on the grill unfortunately, just threw them in the oven and baked them for a bit then sauced. This sauce though was sweet and then a bit of heat hit at the end.

Last edited:
Shack Attack. But not for the sweet lovers.
Stuffs addictive.

20 oz jar of Orange Marmalade
1/3 c Sriracha Sauce
1/3 c honey
1/3 c brown sugar

Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add more Sriracha or other heat source if you desire more heat.
This can be used as finishing sauce on wings at the end of a cook. Baste for the last 30 minutes, allowing the sauce to set between basting.

It also makes a great dipping sauce for pork and poultry.

This one is good. I cut the orange marmalade down to about half, otherwise it's really sweet.

This one is good. I cut the orange marmalade down to about half, otherwise it's really sweet.

To cut down on the sweetness, I would cut the sugar and honey. Keeping the marmalade will give you more orange flavor.

Back