Menu help please - guys left home alone!

Oh man my mouth is literally watering right now as I picture it in my head. So you're roasting the prime rib first then finishing it off in a super hot pan with blackening spice? Wow I actually feel kind of dumb for not thinking of that before. It sounds unreal!!

Yep, we usually cook bone in full rib roasts and cut the leftovers (if any) into 2 bone segments, vacuum bag & freeze. I have one left in the freezer so I'll just thaw, debone (use the bone for an au jus) cut into slices and blacken. Thin slices make great sammies, thicker for a plated dinner.

I'm with the other folks who suggested pork shoulder. You can add it into other recipes as well, if you get sick of BBQ (*gasp*)

One thing that went over really well with my girls, was adding the smokey pork into mac and cheese.

You also could do a large batch of chili.. Or you could feed them like my father did, with his left over c-rats and MREs (Meals Ready to Eat).

Good luck!

smoked chicken enchilada soup!

Please elaborate....that sounds very interesting.....

It is on the menu for tonight. I'm starting with a google'd up recipe that is supposed to be a knock off of Chili's "chicken enchilada soup". Theirs has a significant cheese component I really like. Seems all the recipes suggest boneless skinless breasts, but I have a bunch of leftover smoked chicken defrosting now and will use that. I'll put up a quick update after dinner tonight.

Last edited:
It is on the menu for tonight. I'm starting with a google'd up recipe that is supposed to be a knock off of Chili's "chicken enchilada soup". Theirs has a significant cheese component I really like. Seems all the recipes suggest boneless skinless breasts, but I have a bunch of leftover smoked chicken defrosting now and will use that. I'll put up a quick update after dinner tonight.
I bet it will be phenomenal!

Back