The 14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain (Model 711001) appears official

Has anyone called customer service for pricing?CUSTOMER SERVICE
1-800-446-1071
jon

not doubting weber overprice it, but its going to be so small that IMO, anything over 149.99 is going to be too much. cute and awesome yes, practical....barely. Put me on the waiting list for a 26.75 wsm

If they were serious on making it somewhat competitive they'd need to price it at $100 - $125. I think even $150 is a bit high.

I'll give then the premium over the Brinkman smokers however as previously stated you can do almost the same thing for a lot less.

I think $99 would be the sweet spot for pricing, personally. It's low enough that people like me will buy it no questions asked, and it will allow people to easily upgrade to that as opposed to the ECB. I could see an MSRP or $129, but they usually be on sale for $99 as well.

Oh yes, and I would be beside myself happy with a 26.75" WSM. I'm sure it would take a lot of fuel, though.

I personally think there's quite a bit inherent issues with a 26"" WSM.

Weight-wise, for shipping purposes it probably puts you out of UPS range and that would then really eliminate Amazon as an effective outlet.

Also, price-wise you'd probably be looking at $700-$800 if not more, assuming that the 22 WSM is 4x the amount of a OTS and about 3x the amount of a OTG. Based on the cost of the 26 OTG you'd be looking at $900-$1000, not including tax / shipping.

In all honesty I don't think Weber can make a vertical smoker that size and really have it competitive. I think the insulated box smokers will be more attractive once all is said and done.

But I'm just a BBQ noob...what do I know.

I personally think there's quite a bit inherent issues with a 26"" WSM.

Weight-wise, for shipping purposes it probably puts you out of UPS range and that would then really eliminate Amazon as an effective outlet.

Also, price-wise you'd probably be looking at $700-$800 if not more, assuming that the 22 WSM is 4x the amount of a OTS and about 3x the amount of a OTG. Based on the cost of the 26 OTG you'd be looking at $900-$1000, not including tax / shipping.

In all honesty I don't think Weber can make a vertical smoker that size and really have it competitive. I think the insulated box smokers will be more attractive once all is said and done.

But I'm just a BBQ noob...what do I know.

Really good points. Thanks for raining on my parade. Seriously, though, I'd never really given much thought to how much one would actually cost. I guess I'd just assumed $500-$600, but that does now seem a little unrealistic.

I'll guess 219.00

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weber-711001-Smokey-Mountain-14-5-Inch/dp/B00FKE67V2"]Amazon.com: Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

i'll wait a few years for a used one. meanwhile my mini does all I require.

Actually kind of surprised this sells since you can just build a mini but i suppose many people don't want the hassle. I takes a whole hour or less to make one.

It appears quite interesting that the 14.5" doesn't have a heat deflector, but includes a grease tray and a grommet between the two cooking grates. (click on view all at the schematic page)

The schematic doesn't specify that the grommet is only for the 14.5", just the WSM, so maybe they will be adding that to all sizes. Another site has a dealer promo picture that also shows this grommet on the 14.5".

you can get the grommets direct from weber. they're cool!

Actually kind of surprised this sells since you can just build a mini but i suppose many people don't want the hassle. I takes a whole hour or less to make one.

You can see a pair of pants in less than an hour but stores sell those like crazy!

Anybody buy one yet? It's on amazon now and my local store is getting it next week

Cute but what could be put onto it?

The 18 barely fits a rack of ribs
Let's see on my mini wsm i cook St Louis cuts on, 10 lb pork butts, 6-7 lb spatchcocks (best chickens EVER) reverse sear steaks and burgers, tri tips.. I could go on and on and on if you'd like.

The mini pound for pound is by far the best smoker/grill on the planet.

The $199.99 pricing makes sense as far as the Weber pricing tiers work.

But whoever did the pricing is not a smoker, IMHO.

What I would have done is price it at $99 bucks, list, $79 on sale.

They wouldn't have been able to keep them in stock.

At $199, it would be easier to make a Mini-WSM myself. In fact, one could probably make 2 for the price of one of these.

I don't see this baby joining my family unless Santa Q brings me one in December.

Back