• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

***ROLL CALL*** Northport L.I. BBQ Brethren Salute to our Troops and Veterans

Dinner?

Who's going to be there Friday evening?

Should we get a communal dinner going? I can bring the pizzakettle and we can get some pizzas going.

Thoughts?

Eric

Phil,

Should we bring things with us like bear paws, thermal gloves, food handling gloves, weed burners, spatulas, knife kits, folding tables, etc.?

What time do you want volunteers on Saturday?

Eric

Location is a little different from last year.

its across from the field we were at last year, actually behind the Hospital itself. This is how it was described to me.

so from last year, go to the end, ACROSS from where we headed left into the field, instead, make a right towards the hospital. Once past hospital look to the left and you should see a field with the tents.

im sure the guard will have better directions so just ask him when you arrive.

Eric, answer is yes, bring whatever you think you may need.

I have been telling general volunteers 10:30 for Saturday. Does that work?

What time do you want people there for Friday for trimming, rubbing, etc.?

Eric

I won't be able to make it on Friday but I can show up as early as you'd need me on Saturday morning. I only have an 18.5" wsm and a 22.5" weber kettle so I don't have much to offer equipment wise, but I'm willing to do grilling or whatever else you need all day Saturday.

Looks as though the weather is going to cooperate again. Last year was a good time for a great cause and it looks as though this year will be bigger and better!

scottysprings- I'm sure whenever you show up you'll be a big help. Everybody was busy most of the time last year so more hands will definitely be welcome.

From the past few events like this, I've learned that long handled spatulas will save lots of forearm hair when cooking on the 6' charcoal grill.

I'll bring a big Weber fish spatula. If anyone else can bring a few spatulas, that would be cool.

Eric

If someone has one of those electronic knife sharpeners, can you please bring it with you?

Or, if you have some knife sharpening skills, can you give me a hand?

Thanks,

Eric

Theres a sharpener in the trailer.

2 cooks/2 pits bailed out, so its gonna be real busy for us on Friday. Will likely have to fire up the double lang for overnight which triples the firewood requirement.

big poppas rubs arrived today, so we are covered for that.. thanks Big Poppa!

Unless you guys really want to cook dinner Friday, I will just order a bunch of pizzas. After processing half ton of meat, Im looking for something without corpuscles.

blue - Where we were last yar

red, from what i understood in the verbal directions, where we are this year.

please confirm with the guard at the guardd booth at the top of the hill.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 128
Does this field have a specific name or is there a name of the buildings it is adjacent to?

Eric

The guard booth gave fairly well directions last year but in the dark it is a little confusing. Show up before sundown or after sunrise and you'll be better off. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Eric the building is labeled

h-o-s-p-i-t-a-l. ;D

speed race.... well most likely be on a generator.

Edit: Last minute change in plans with family obligations and will not be able to come out Friday night, but will be there first thing in the morning.

Last edited:
Back