Restaraunt Depot for meat??

I get Brisket and Pork Butts there.

I never like the look of their loin backs, so I get those at Costco, and I get my chicken at the local supermarket.

You'll find that there are a lot of competitors that get at least some of their competition meats there.

Yes :grin:. They have the best butts and ribs around me in terms of quality, size and price I'm looking for. I get my chicken and brisket at other places. I also get my parsley from them.

I have used RD for meat that last couple of times since they opened a store in Richmond, Va. The quality is pretty good. They don't have prime briskets at my RD, but have their version of CAB which is good.

I get my brisket, butts, and St. Louis cut ribs from them. They do have CAB briskets there. I mean real CABS, but they are small. I cooked on this weekend at a comp. It was 12.5 lbs. Good marbling. Under cooked it though. Their version is Superior Angus Beef. They are much bigger. Smallest I saw was 17 lbs. St. Louis ribs are cut pretty well. Sometimes that mystery slab is not so good though.

I get my brisket, butts, and St. Louis cut ribs from them. They do have CAB briskets there. I mean real CABS, but they are small. I cooked on this weekend at a comp. It was 12.5 lbs. Good marbling. Under cooked it though. Their version is Superior Angus Beef. They are much bigger. Smallest I saw was 17 lbs. St. Louis ribs are cut pretty well. Sometimes that mystery slab is not so good though.

I wish they carried CAB more often. I have only seen it there twice in the past year. The first time I asked if they were going to start carrying it more often and the guy said they only get it when their normal Superior Angus supply is short. The Superior Angus briskets are a decent size (15-17lbs typically), but the flats are always really thin or start fat, but taper thin quickly.

I like the size of the brisket selection at RD. I think one time I had 16 brisket sitting out to choose from. At sams, Im lucky to have 3 to sort through

Yes. We are BY only this year but we get our ribs and butts from there as well as greens. I get chicken from my regular grocery store.

I get Brisket and Pork Butts there.

I never like the look of their loin backs, so I get those at Costco, and I get my chicken at the local supermarket.

I do the exact same. Briskets and butts from RD, ribs from costco, and chicken from grocery store.

Yes, I go to Sam's first then get the rest at RD. Usually Brisket and Butts and a lot of times the spares. And lots and lots of parsley.

We get our butts, ribs and occasionally parsley from there.

same here with Tim and Wager RD for brisket and butts, ribs from Costco and chicken from super market. I have been using costco chicken outside of comps and am pretty happy with the results.

Like other stores (SAMs, Costco, etc...) depends on what part of the country you are in as to what you might find. The RD in Alexandria, VA has decent ribs (full spares), decent butts and sometimes, decent briskets. If I am looking for briskets and there is not a lot in the show case, I'll open the boxes and rifle thru them. Most times, they don't care but will make sure I get them to get it weighed and priced before I check out.

The SAMs and Costco here in Northern VA do not even carry full packer briskets. So, not much choice for me.

They usually do have good parsley for really good prices.

wallace

RD, as with any supplier can have really good meat and really poor meat. Don't limit your choices and expect to get quality stuff from any single supplier. The advantage to a RD type place is usually a large selection.. but you've got to know what you are looking (or feeling) for in your competition meat.

Like other stores (SAMs, Costco, etc...) depends on what part of the country you are in as to what you might find. The RD in Alexandria, VA has decent ribs (full spares), decent butts and sometimes, decent briskets. If I am looking for briskets and there is not a lot in the show case, I'll open the boxes and rifle thru them. Most times, they don't care but will make sure I get them to get it weighed and priced before I check out.

The SAMs and Costco here in Northern VA do not even carry full packer briskets. So, not much choice for me.

They usually do have good parsley for really good prices.

wallace

I have the same problem up here in Montgomery County, MD with briskets. Everytime I go brisket shopping I miss Texas a little more. Have you ever tried the RD in Capital Heights? RD is the only place I've found packers. Sam's used to have small ones. (<12lbs) I know Chuck's in Bryan's Road, MD can get you prime briskets usually around 4.50 a pound

I wish they carried CAB more often. I have only seen it there twice in the past year. The first time I asked if they were going to start carrying it more often and the guy said they only get it when their normal Superior Angus supply is short. The Superior Angus briskets are a decent size (15-17lbs typically), but the flats are always really thin or start fat, but taper thin quickly.

What I like is that they have a huge selection of meat, but all the beef is choice. Choice isn't bad. It's all I have ever cooked. Not sure what i would do with something better. The brisket I chose for comp was about 12lbs. The did have a CAB brisket in their Superior Angus section. I should have paid the $.50 extra a pound and got the 17lber. Hindsight is 20/20.

I get my St Louis Ribs and Brisket there . Butts come from the local Butcher and free range chicken thighs

I have the same problem up here in Montgomery County, MD with briskets. Everytime I go brisket shopping I miss Texas a little more. Have you ever tried the RD in Capital Heights? RD is the only place I've found packers. Sam's used to have small ones. (<12lbs) I know Chuck's in Bryan's Road, MD can get you prime briskets usually around 4.50 a pound
The new location in Alexandria is larger than the Capital Heights store and now has a better inventory. Capital Heights has slipped a little in my opinion. I pretty much just go to the Alexandria location now.

Back