• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Some comford food

superlazy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of meatloaf but once in awhile i get a craving.
The other day a Brethren did a cook and I was drooling.

so here we go

getting ready
start_zpsfcb582a0.jpg

time to get messy
mix_zps5dab2129.jpg

after sitting in the fridge time to pan
sauce_zps9a1c16ab.jpg

sauce on the left is taken from the same recipe as loaves just tweaked(pioneer chick)
16yr old has fallen with the JD sauce so she gets her own loaf

smoker time
on-3_zps9528fa5c.jpg

time for more sauce
I was worried about the JD sauce burning until we were close to the end of the cook so it was added now
moresauce_zpsdf54393d.jpg

I asked the wife for red taters but she got yellow since the reds looked bad. I didn't like them but the wife and girls did

taters_zps6cde3d4f.jpg

yes my pics suck lol
loafs_zps2c42f7cf.jpg

Plated
plate-2_zps332843a5.jpg

It was soo juicy I was shocked since I let the int. temp. on the maverick get to 175 before i pulled em since I knew they were not ready yet.

Best part I was joking with the wife around 2pm and asked " Is it beerthirty yet?" her response was "Ummm Yes you can't smoke without a beer":thumb:

sweet i love good meatloaf and your wife was right . normally i never buy anything but reds , but last week they were soft and punkey . same today when i went shopping .

spring is coming along with a fresh crop of reds :)

" Is it beerthirty yet?" her response was "Ummm Yes you can't smoke without a beer":thumb:
Sounds like she's got your number.

The meat loaf and spuds look great! :hungry:
I think it's been too long since I've made a meatloaf.

Looks good. I make stuffed smoked loaves pretty regularly. Next time try it without the loaf pans. Just place on some foil, cook it until it firms up a little then lose the foil and put it directly on the rack. You'll be glad you did!:thumb:

Ha! Lazy Farker,those are fatties in a pan.:thumb:

And they look yummee!!!:wink:

I love meatloaf! I could be there before it is done next time? I like beer...
Nice work.
Dido on the local grocers and varying crap produce.
Seriously considering buying 50# from RD.

Excellent looking meatloaf.
The last one I did on the WSM, I put the loaf in the pan in the fridge, then took it out after it set, flopped it out of the pan, placed it directly on a pizza screen on the top shelf and put a drip pan on the second shelf. It held together and the smoke was able to get to the whole thing.

Thanks guys! Orig. plan was to take em out of the pan about half way threw but that wasn't going to work
Thermal mass I always have beer in the fridge :)
I think we have some other brothers up Jackson way too

Looks delicious from here too!!

Back