• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A Neekid Fatty

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I usually go all out with my breakfast fatties, stuffing, slapping bacon around the whole thing. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152177

but this time I went the neekid route. I'm blaming it on the inspiration of Brethren gtr. lol

I used the BPS drum... just dropped it in and walked away. (that was the hardest part) I didn't do anything with the sausage, just left it neekid.

c1e06c04-de25-487f-9be8-e9ba76a0b833_zpsf3b3c01b.jpg

702123e6-cd3c-4bc9-8ced-bdc33effa55c_zpse8552fce.jpg

made a batch of corncakes...

338ed043-3fb1-4e10-ab88-fc3a08626653_zps67ab48d4.jpg

00d3f896-09bf-422c-a3a9-b5ff747339a6_zps45a5048f.jpg

3e7fe41b-5c61-40ee-9412-effda0696e1b_zps2a539c66.jpg

9bf93fb6-93dd-454b-a5ef-5514e2fccaf9_zps6398af8f.jpg

It was tasty!! I will be making more neekid fatties in the future. So much easier and faster than stuffing and wrapping. Thanks Greg and the rest of the neekid fatty fans. :thumb:

Thanks for looking!

I'm tellin' ya - sometimes it pays to be lazy! :clap2:

Great plate and I can see you know how to scramble eggs right. :thumb:

Those corncakes look crazy good! :hungry:

And - mad props to RonL for bringing this serious matter to our attention in the first place! :clap2:

The whole thing looks great Jeanie! I love corn cakes, always make them at X-mas. I STILL have yet to smoke a fatty. Maybe this weekend. We'll see. I think a trip to Costco is in order...

Long live the... Well you know the rest.

Good looking plate you have there.

Looking good Jeanie!!! I generally smoke fatties plain, or with just a little bit of my rub. Lots easier and a lot less of a mess, IMO. The hickory is all the flavor I need really. Cheers!!!

Thanks everybody! I'll make these again for sure. :grin:

Thank you IT, John, Jo and Bob!!

I'm tellin' ya - sometimes it pays to be lazy! :clap2:

Great plate and I can see you know how to scramble eggs right. :thumb:

Those corncakes look crazy good! :hungry:

And - mad props to RonL for bringing this serious matter to our attention in the first place! :clap2:

lol Greg... I hadn't thought of it that way. I can do lazy. :mrgreen:
Thanks again for the inspiration!

Finally a Cowgirl cook that I think I can achieve. Well, maybe except for the corn cake. :becky:

lol Thanks Jim.. I've seen your cooks and know better. You're awesome!

The whole thing looks great Jeanie! I love corn cakes, always make them at X-mas. I STILL have yet to smoke a fatty. Maybe this weekend. We'll see. I think a trip to Costco is in order...

Thanks Rockinshelby! Glad to hear you are a corn cake lover too!! I make them when camping, the campfire smoke adds a great touch to them too. Thanks again! :becky:

Long live the... Well you know the rest.

Good looking plate you have there.

lol LM Thanks!! :mrgreen:

Looking good Jeanie!!! I generally smoke fatties plain, or with just a little bit of my rub. Lots easier and a lot less of a mess, IMO. The hickory is all the flavor I need really. Cheers!!!

Hamilton, thanks! I'll try a little rub and some hickory on the next one. :thumb:

Matt, thank you!!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Great looking breakfast! I will occasionally stuff the fatty, but most of the time I like the quick and simple nekkid fatty (i might throw some rub on it from time to time) Leftovers go into a tupperware, and in the morning get a slice or two and crisp it up in a pan and put it on some toast w/ cheese and I eat on the way to work. :D

Thanks Phu! :becky:

Great looking breakfast! I will occasionally stuff the fatty, but most of the time I like the quick and simple nekkid fatty (i might throw some rub on it from time to time) Leftovers go into a tupperware, and in the morning get a slice or two and crisp it up in a pan and put it on some toast w/ cheese and I eat on the way to work. :D

Thanks aawa! Love the sound of a fatty toast, cheese breakfast sandwich, I'll give that a try too! Thank you! :thumb:

mother of god the other one in the link is killer, i have showed a few friends, im so doing that at the next comp for breakfast.

edit:this one looks just as good :D

mother of god the other one in the link is killer, i have showed a few friends, im so doing that at the next comp for breakfast.

edit:this one looks just as good :D

Andrew thanks! I love the stuffed ones. They take time to put together but are totally worth it.
If smoking the bacon wrapped ones alone, I bump the heat up to 300 or 325F and just cook until the IT is 165F. I like crisp bacon so I bump the heat up even more at the end if needed to crisp it. Good luck to you and take pics if you get the chance!

Thanks Ron!! :becky:

Andrew thanks! I love the stuffed ones. They take time to put together but are totally worth it.
If smoking the bacon wrapped ones alone, I bump the heat up to 300 or 325F and just cook until the IT is 165F. I like crisp bacon so I bump the heat up even more at the end if needed to crisp it. Good luck to you and take pics if you get the chance!

Thanks Ron!! :becky:

i love food prep, its soothing for some reason lol. i will have to do mine a little different since i dont have a piston, well i do but its for a motor :icon_smile_tongue:. it probably wont turn out as pretty but i bet it does the job :D

its the bacon wrapping that might be rough, never woven bacon, oh snaps, peppered bacon would top that off for my style.

Back