• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brinkmann Trailmaster....Vertical?!

Cool idea if it was made in the US out of real metal instead of foil in China. Looks like a round version of the old bandera.

It can't be any worse than the horizontals they have sold...

"Bludawg's" description is a suitable analogy. LOL

I was thinking the same thing. Can't be that good since its a Brinkmann. With mods it could probably be an "ok" rig but I would rather just steal the design and make one out of an old air tank. I like the idea and the design because its similar to a Bandera but the brand name badge just ruins it.

I was thinking the same thing. Can't be that good since its a Brinkmann. With mods it could probably be an "ok" rig but I would rather just steal the design and make one out of an old air tank. I like the idea and the design because its similar to a Bandera but the brand name badge just ruins it.

I think Bludawg probably nailed it, but I could see the design work if you had a 24" diameter 1/4" wall thickness tank, built a proper door or two that actually sealed and maybe an oversized firebox that could double as a grill top. One problem I see with these designs is they are frequently to small in diameter to even hold a rack of ribs on the cooking grates forcing you to hang stuff - thats probably OK, but just not my style.

I know this is an old thread but, I wanted to give you all an update. While yes, it is not the most expensive smoker on the block, I have used it for a few months now and I have really come to love it. I think that while the cheap horizontal offsets are not worth the hassle, this offset vertical really aleviates some of the cheap manufacutring problems. With a few mods to the door, this thing really holds heat well and doesn't leak at all. I think since heat and smoke want to travel up anyway, it really doesn't matter how thin the metal is. Sure it could be better but, for the price... if someone is looking for a budget smoker, this should be on the short list. Finally, a full rack of ribs does fit on the grates, plus a ton of pork butts :)

Last edited:
Back