• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Not BBQ - Pron Practice, Hearth style

Beef

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I parlayed a rare work from home event into 'cooking in the hearth day'.
Nothing fancy, but I was proud to pull it off, as I rarely sit still in the house. I was also proud that I actually had Grains of Paradise on hand for my Alton Brown Lentil soup. . .

IMG00955-20130218-1551_zps2bc7cc0c.jpg

IMG00956-20130218-1551_zps8950dc91.jpg

IMG00959-20130218-1720_zpsb4bf8852.jpg

IMG00960-20130218-1725_zps8ab1e508.jpg

Thanks for looking.

A good friend of mine had a setup similar to that.It was fun watching him TRY to cook on it.ONLY edible thing he ever served from it was baked beans to my knowledge.YOUR cook looks fantastic.Kudos! :clap:

Man, I would love something like that fireplace. You made a fine looking winter meal in that hearth.

Great set up. I love my Dutch Ovens with or w/o legs...
I use them all the time.
I did a 3# Roast with all the trimmings for supper in a large D.O. (Stovetop) Cast Iron cooks great.
I like the photos too... :wink:

Last edited:
I am most gratefull.
Pictures of your Hearth took me back to some interesting times. about 55 years:shock:
Old house, with the very basics,packed earth/straw front room that had a hearth like in your pictures.
Always had a pot of something old and tough simmering away and a huge cast iron kettle.
I could go back to that in an instant,
cheers.
Titch

when i moved into my house loooong ago it had an arm in the fireplace but it was loose so i took it out. now i have no idea where it is and i'm not a happy guy about it.

Looks delicious! Some things are soooooo long forgotten.
Cool set-up, really like the tongs. I am a sucker for anything cooked over wood fire.
I plan on having an arm like that over our Tuscan grill. (Brick smoker project thread)

Did u use more than one dutch oven, or soup first, then chicken, finally shrimp?
Must have been really fun, guessing it took the better part of the day to cook it all?

Beef knows of my project... Awesome none the less!

Last edited:
Back