I love Tri-Tip!

That is a great looking sandwich!

Being a NYer, I had never had Tri Tip until a few years ago when Big Brother Smoke, Steph Franklin came for a visit. We were cooking the Battle of The Brethren and I made him cook some for the pot luck that night. I have been hooked ever since.

What did you use to rub them with? I'm using Steph's Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow on them these days in a mesquite fire. Yum!

Looks great, I do ALOT of tri-tip and have come to prefer Prime grade fully trimmed from my butcher. The untrimmed grocery store tri-tip is more tough and more fat that has to be trimmed so it ends up being close to the same price.

Being a NYer, I had never had Tri Tip until a few years ago when Big Brother Smoke, Steph Franklin came for a visit. We were cooking the Battle of The Brethren and I made him cook some for the pot luck that night. I have been hooked ever since.

What did you use to rub them with? I'm using Steph's Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow on them these days in a mesquite fire. Yum!
Thanks. It's become my favorite cut of beef to cook.

I rubbed it down with some Worcestershire Sauce and then some generic steak seasoning I picked up at Costco.

Peppered Cow pairs with tri-tip like it was made for each other. Traditional santa maria style will be different but I cook what I like and have 5lbs of peppered cow in the pantry.

wow my mouth is watering. I kind of want to take my first shot at tri tip this weekend now

BTW: Here is a link to how I cut it. (Yes it's been posted before but it's worth linking again)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmxHmuV4vTU"]How To Carve A Tri-Tip Roast - TVWB - virtualweberbullet.com - YouTube[/ame]

ooohh, I never thought about giving it the gyro treatment. Thanx

I got the idea after eating at a local Mediterranean restaurant. They make a “Shawarma” (their version of Gyro) Sammy that is so good I wanted to duplicate it as best I could. It’s not the same due to different spices and cooking method but it’s pretty darn close and is delicious.

Tri-tip looks great, sandwich looks even better hope you don't mind me hyjacking your recipe yummmm!

Tri-tip looks great, sandwich looks even better hope you don't mind me hyjacking your recipe yummmm!
Thanks but NOOOOOOOOOOOO I didn't post this on a public message board so you can use it. :bounce:

Back