• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A Fingerlickin' Good Christmas and New Year's Eve 2012

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I did a bunch of cooking this holiday season, so I figured I'd share my holiday adventures with all my favorite folks...this means you! There's probably a few too many pictures here, so I'll try and keep the chit chat to a minimum.

Here's is how it went down in chronological order, from what I can remember.

We started with a Christmas tree.

DSC_0258.jpg

Then there was the Maple Syrup TD that I decided not to enter. This was marinated in maple syrup and black pepper then hot smoked and given as a gift. It started out well, notice the lack of money shot, it just wasn't pretty enough for one of those throwdown thingys. Did I mention how much I hate salmon?

DSC_0437.jpg

My wife had the bright idea of taking pictures for the Christmas card this year with the kids in front of a pile of candy canes. That didn't go as well as planned.

DSC_0353.jpg

He's eyeing up those canes like Gore does ribs.

DSC_0365.jpg

Then came the prime rib for Christmas Eve dinner at my parents house.

DSC_0440.jpg

No sliced shot, :doh: I was last to the party and beef started flying before I got a chance. Cooked indirect at 250* until 125* then reverse seared. It was farking awesome and I can't wait to do it again.

DSC_0444.jpg

A couple presents magically appeared Christmas day.

DSC_0519.jpg

Apparently Slinky's aren't as cool as I remember. :roll:

DSC_0568.jpg

I spatchcocked a bird, we ate half for dinner that night, the other half is for white bean and chicken chili new year's eve. It came out fantastic as always.

DSC_0729.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

Against my better judgement, I gave Gore's salmon a shot.

DSC_0759.jpg

That night I also did some eye of round destined for Italian beef sammies on new years eve. These I smoked indirect over cherry until 125* internal and the next day I sliced them up.

DSC_0744.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

Sunday I made some of Boshizzle's competition chili to take to a family gathering. This was a huge hit, and I was asked to leave the leftovers there. Thanks Bo, this spoon shot is for you!

DSC_0756.jpg

That night I finished up Gore's salmon. It came out pretty darn good, from what I hear.

DSC_0766.jpg

Monday came around and we volunteered to have the New Year's Eve party at our place this year. Wings were part of the menu. Most got SM Sweet and Spicy and some Slap Yo' Daddy. The little pile got some Habanero Death Dust. Smoked on the egg at 325'ish. Then hit with Patio Daddio's Finger Stickin' Chicken Sauce. I left the HDD wings nekkid.

DSC_0767.jpg

DSC_0772.jpg

DSC_0784.jpg

I made some leftover Cochinita Pibil and cheese empanadas. My rolling pin is in need of an upgrade so I used my tortilla press to roll out the dough. I don't know if that's cheating or not, but it worked great. :thumb:

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

The Italian beef for the sammiches.

DSC_0785.jpg

I found some time to ice down some party favors.

DSC_0808.jpg

DSC_0807.jpg

The kids ate enough chocolate chip cookies that making it until midnight was not a problem.

DSC_0796.jpg

Remind me to have the party at someone else's house next year. I'm pretty sure a bomb went off in the kitchen because there was shrapnel everywhere. :tsk:

DSC_0799.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

DSC_0783.jpg

Much to my dismay, after all my hard work on all that great food, the star of the show was..........Gore's farking salmon. :tsk: and yes I did keep it classy and serve it off of one of Drew's kiddy forks. :-D

DSC_0803.jpg

So thank you all for checking out my holiday adventures! Have a great 2013 everyone!

:peace:

WOW Jaason that was some Faking Awesome food You can always send the salmon to me. Your best Pics were the Kids at Christmas Looks like the had a Ball Thanks

Looks like a bunch of great people having a bunch of great times stuffed with a bunch of great food! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Jason!

Love it love it love it! What a great post! :clap2: Looks like all is well at Casa de Fingerlickin. :thumb:

So do you have room for an extra family of 4 next year? :hungry:

What a fantastic time with good food and good family and friends! It's like a modern-day Norman Rockwell 'week of holidays'. The food looks amazing. There's an underlying feel of 'simpler times' that is refreshing and beautiful. Congratulations! If it helps, I feel the same way about salmon as you do......

The "most wonderful time of year" for sure!! It starts for us mid-October with 5 birthdays and our wedding anniversary. 2 1/2 months of celebrating....man, I'm tired.

Your pics are great. Could almost be shots from my own family....tree farm, candy canes, the opening present faces (yours kids' were awesome). We had chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes on new years...Katie stayed awake by baking!

Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Looks like a great time Jason! You have a beautiful family! :thumb::-D

Everything looks fantastic, the money shots are the ones with all the kids smiles, that's what Christmas is all about BRAVO!!! :clap2:

Back