• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Big Thanks to Butchers BBQ, Kosmos Q, and Texas Pepper Jelly!!!

LoneStar Smoke Rangers

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I would like to thank all of those who came out for Mike Davis and Lotta Bull U class this last weekend. It was a great time had by all!!!

To KCBS Reps and Master Judges Phil and Kathy Brazier, who gave us great insight in what the judges are looking for. Their knowledge and experience was priceless and they took the time to answer everyones questions.

To Dave Bouska with Butchers BBQ for his lecture and brisket demonstration. Dave's experience was a great part of this class. I know he gave me a couple of techniques I will be using this year and not just in Brisket. Cameron from BAM BAM BBQ had better not spill the beans on that one!!! It was also fun watching Dave and Mike go at it.

To Darian and Jamie Khosravi with Kosmos Q for his lecture and insight on Chicken, Pork, and Brisket. Jamie was such a big help as well, pitching in and helping Mike and Debbie with whatever was needed. Darian's story telling was definately a funny section of the class.

To Craig Sharry Owner of Texas Pepper Jelly and Grand Champion of 2011 Houston Livestock Rodeo BBQ Championship for his insight on finishing sauces and glazes. I have already put my order in.

This was such a successful class for everyone and a great time had by all!!! I look forward to seeing all those great folks from the class this year at competitions in 2012.

We lucked out! Such a fun class! Mike and Deb couldn't be cooler, then to have the added bonus of Dave Bouska, Darian Khosravi, Craig Sharry, and the Braziers! Worth the 20 hour drive for sure! Don't worry Tony, my lips are sealed. ;)

Wow. That was a serious, All-Star cast. I'm totally jealous. Sounds like it was money well spent.

Great class with great people. Enjoyed meeting all of you. If any of you ever come slummin' on the IBCA circuit I hope to run into you.

Thanks everyone, it was fun and very honored that we were ask to attend and ask to do what we did.

As one of the fortunate few who was there - many thanks to all involved. Just a wonderful weekend of encouragement and first rate teaching.

Kathy & I had a great time, also. We don't get to go "out west" very often, but we love it when we do. It was cool to see and meet some of the wonderful people Mike & Debbie have told us about and see, again, some that we had met a while back.

Hope you all keep in touch with us.

Phillip

Kathy & I had a great time, also. We don't get to go "out west" very often, but we love it when we do. It was cool to see and meet some of the wonderful people Mike & Debbie have told us about and see, again, some that we had met a while back.

Hope you all keep in touch with us.

Phillip

Hey Phil,

If you can, give us a few of the contests you will be involved with this year. Would love to see Kathy and the crew again. Thanks again for all your help.

Our next few are Pensacola, FL, Mobile, AL, Hammond, LA, and Sevierville, TN. Then we move over to GA and NC for a while.

Would love to see you guys at any or all.

Phillip

Back