Welcome Blue Lou! A new performer in the family! (pron)

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
G'Day Bruces'! :becky:

Well, a few weeks ago, I got a WSM. I wanted to get a performer also, but it seems at the time I ordered, Amazon Export was out of stock, or had a glitch in the system, so I could only get the WSM.

Then last week, I got an email from Amazon. Guess what... new stock, you can now order. So I did :becky:.

And here it is:
DSC_0218.jpg

It came together pretty fast too!
DSC_0226.jpg

The only thing that was missing was the sirclip for the gas hose, so I gotta rig something up for that. But otherwise, it was easy peasy setup.

One Touch system lit first go!:thumb:
DSC_0225.jpg

And on that afternoon, I went to my boozeatorium and found this, in stock for the very first time!
DSC_0229.jpg

So I bought some and it is every bit as good as I was hoping for!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Anyway, I had to cook somehting! I had some legs and WANGS! It was time for some brined, grilled cheeeeeeeeeken!
DSC_0227.jpg

I brined for 2 hours and then dusted the legs with Dizzy Pig!
DSC_0245.jpg

Here's a few more pics of "Blue Lou"!
DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

And charcoal is GO!
DSC_0242.jpg

Man, I just LOVE the one touch system. It's absolutely farken super duper!:thumb::thumb::thumb:.

So, on went the legs...
DSC_0253.jpg

Now for the WANGS, there was only one thing to do...
DSC_0250.jpg

When Big Brother Smoke, Steph, sent me his rubs, he also sent me a sample of Sweet Seduction! Today was the day to use it!:becky:
DSC_0251.jpg

Legs looking super...
DSC_0258.jpg

And I placed some par-boiled potatoes under the chicken to crisp up!
DSC_0260.jpg

Wings Looking GOOD!:thumb:
DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

And plated!

DSC_0277.jpg

Delicious!
DSC_0279.jpg

Man, Stephs new rub is certainly a winner! WOnderful taste and colour!
DSC_0278.jpg

It was the perfect way to make my first cook on 'Blue Lou"

I love how easy the Performer is to use. I've never owned a standard Weber Kettle before, just had a El Cheapo copy, which is now sitting on the kerb, in case someone wants to salvage it.

Man, the whole day was perfect!

Thanks for Looking!

Cheers!

Bill

^^^^ Thanks for the link, but the hose is fine. It's just the little clip that locks the hose into the venturi of the One Touch system that was missing. I've rigged another clip now!

Cheers!

Bill

Ow got ya, i just misunderstood. By the way great looking grub.:-D

Damn Bill ALL that looks awesome! Seems like Christmas came a bit early for you!! :wink::wink: that fowl is off the chain!!
Congrats Brother!

Cheers.

Damn Bill ALL that looks awesome! Seems like Christmas came a bit early for you!! :wink::wink: that fowl is off the chain!!
Congrats Brother!

Cheers.

Yessir... my Performer and WSM are my Fathers day present and Xmas Day present all in one. And yes... the chicken was damn good. Especially with Sweet Seduction as a rub!:pray:

Cheers!

Bill

Congrats! You sound just like me when I got my Performer last year! I love it! You broke it in right too! Enjoy, Bill.

Bill
Awesome looking chicken and the Performer is over the top. I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy mine. Gotta love that blue, huh??

Nice looking Performer and great looking food Bill! :clap:

Is "Blue Lou" a reference to the character in the Blues Brothers movie or just a name you liked?

Very nice cook. I love the use of two tiers of food - nice to cook the potatoes below deck!

Congrats on your new second smoker Bill.

Outstanding looking chicken.
Awesome looking plate for me and the mrs.

Back