Grilled Bread Salad With Basil & Tomatoes

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Original Blog Post

Grilled-Bread4.jpg

I came across this recipe on the Fine Cooking website. I was looking for something a little different and came across this salad. I was intrigued by the use of grilled bread with a red wine vinegar dressing and how soggy the grilled bread would get.

This salad with the cheese and herbs was amazing. I don't have permission to reproduce the recipe here. But I can assure you it's worth a look.

I used a ciabatta bread with fresh basil and fresh mozzarella cheese. The bread didn't get soggy and tasted amazing.

Grilled-Bread1.jpg

Grilled-Bread3.jpg

Recipe

Top shelf!

It's printing right now, Larry that looks to die for! Thanks for sharing!!!

Thank you & thank you!

I couldn't believe how much flavor this little salad had. Of course tomato, mozzarella and basil go so well together, but put it together with this dressing and grilled bread and it all just popped!

I could be wrong but a common term for sald with bread in it is panzanella. I love these salads as the bread has time to absorb the oil and vinegar from the dressing and makes for a delicous bite

This is one of my favorite things to grill in the summer. We usually wait till are garden is producing tomatoes and I use paste/romas since they tend to hold up longer on the grill. I also use red onions instead of green. I may be making this sooner after looking at this pic. Looks darn tasty.

I could be wrong but a common term for sald with bread in it is panzanella. I love these salads as the bread has time to absorb the oil and vinegar from the dressing and makes for a delicous bite

A panzanella is a Florentine salad that uses stale bread. Similar but I prefer because this is a BBQ forum and my blog is about grilling and bbq to call it a Grilled Bread Salad...

You are correct though on the bread soaking up the oil and vinegar. This salad tasted awesome.

Amazing Photos

Larry,

Your life-like pics have made me way too hungry for a saturday morning. Thats a great idea when you've got the hot grill.

Thanks for sharing. Even with my favorite bread!

Jim

Just wanted to say that I've been intrigued by this since I saw it and with company over I made it tonight. It was AWESOME. Will definitely be making this again. Good gosh it stole the show from my scratch lasagna.

Great find, Larry.

Looks like bruschetta in a bowl right there! I LOVE fresh basil, bread and tomatoes! A perfect combo!

We make bruschetta all summer long here! We've got the fresh basil, just waitin on the maters!

That really looks great! I just went to Fine Cooking's website and printed the recipe. I'm cooking dinner for my daughter tomorrow night, and that salad will go perfectly with the dinner I have planned. Thanks for sharing that.

Back